• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I've probably posted about this before but just had an overly egregious example this morning. Women that stand in line at say Sbux (this morning), get to the cashier and make small talk (time waster), order, the suddenly act surprised YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR ******* ORDER! Today it was a big process of putting her huge ass ugly purse on the counter, unpacking all kinds of **** to find the wallet, find the wallet and then dig for exact change, then slowly refill the garbage bag with her garbage.

Why can't people either have an Sbux card, the pay app on their phone (out and ready), or some cash ready to hand?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You know, I like some of the reserves at Starbucks and I go in weekly, but I hate the culture there. Just the people that go there are rejects of society. Am I one of them!?!?!?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dunno about you, pB, but Piobaire is definitely a reject of society -- Canadian and Scottish society, that is.

Here in America, we welcome rejects like Piobaire with open arms, fortunately (for him; unfortunately, for us).

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
there was a woman like this last week in a Sbux in front of me on line. It was like 8 am, or right in the pit of get your coffee and GTFO.

she made a point to the cashier that she was from San Francisco.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love making small talks with the baristas especially if they are cute

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've probably posted about this before but just had an overly egregious example this morning. Women that stand in line at say Sbux (this morning), get to the cashier and make small talk (time waster), order, the suddenly act surprised YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR ******* ORDER! Today it was a big process of putting her huge ass ugly purse on the counter, unpacking all kinds of **** to find the wallet, find the wallet and then dig for exact change, then slowly refill the garbage bag with her garbage.

Why can't people either have an Sbux card, the pay app on their phone (out and ready), or some cash ready to hand?

In my days as a retail slave, this happened all the time. Oddly, it was always women who were surprised to be asked for money as part of the transaction.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love making small talks with the baristas especially if they are cute

what free stuff have you gotten from flirting with baristas/waiters? (note: its easier when the barista is gay, but still counts).

in the last two months:

- chocolate brownie cookie twice (in the span of a month) from blue bottle in brooklyn (gay dude who I didn't realize was gay).
- egg/bacon/cheese on a french roll from local cafe here in Connecticut (pretty preppy blonde who could be probably under 18)
- free burrito (I bought two but only had to pay for one) from chipolte here in CT (older 40ish latina woman).
- two extra tokens at the local batting cage (from cute butch brunette softball player young woman who worked behind the counter).

I was fully prepared and expecting to pay for these things. Often times my wife is with me and in full plain sight. I don't get why there is random acts of gifting sometimes.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what free stuff have you gotten from flirting with baristas/waiters? (note: its easier when the barista is gay, but still counts).

in the last two months:

- chocolate brownie cookie twice (in the span of a month) from blue bottle in brooklyn (gay dude who I didn't realize was gay).
- egg/bacon/cheese on a french roll from local cafe here in Connecticut (pretty preppy blonde who could be probably under 18)
- free burrito (I bought two but only had to pay for one) from chipolte here in CT (older 40ish latina woman).
- two extra tokens at the local batting cage (from cute butch brunette softball player young woman who worked behind the counter).

I was fully prepared and expecting to pay for these things. Often times my wife is with me and in full plain sight. I don't get why there is random acts of gifting sometimes.

I told a lady at Potbelly a couple of weeks ago that I was having a bad day and she gave me a free sandwich.

yeah, I hit that

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've gotten free drinks from gay bartenders a number of times, often with my wife there. Never from a female bartender.

The SF curse in action, perhaps?

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
the non-gay bartenders at the place across the street from me litter us with drinks whenever i'm there with the wife.

without, not so much.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Must be all the "gay and available" vibes you guys are putting out

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've gotten free drinks from gay bartenders a number of times, often with my wife there. Never from a female bartender.

The SF curse in action, perhaps?

The times I've volunteered for the New York Road Runners its usually for the race t-shirt/packet pick up (you have to "volunteer" for a race to qualify for the NYC marathon guaranteed entry).

I was the king of giving away free shirts (especially with women who were in-between sizes I'd just wink/nod and give them both the xs/sm or sm/med).

99% of the time they were super happy.

What I hated was when they'd get greedy or worse try to rat me out. I never got that... why the **** would you rat someone out for solving your problem of being in-between sizes?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Must be all the "gay and available" vibes you guys are putting out

I can't speak for the other posters but my vibes are genuine

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
With no exaggeration I was probably comped about $10 thousand dollars of food and beverages in 2013. Heck, just NYE I was comped nearly 1k of stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics