Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. MrG

MrG Senior member

What a bunch of hypocritical asshats you all are. You guys lather up with the male goat's milk purely out of perverse enjoyment, but I'm the one being mocked because I use it for something as innocent as cleansing.

2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I don't get why there aren't more smaller smart phones?

- half the size of an iPhone with the same basic functions (googlemaps/gps/itunes/voice memos/podcasts/camera).

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014

3. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

4. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

You scumbags have really worked yourselves into a lather over this soap issue.

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Lather is essential for natural soaps ability to wash dirt away, but chemical detergents don't really need lather, it is in there because people have associated lather with being clean. Look at solvents, like acetone, mineral spirits and so on. They are great cleaners, but it has nothing to do with lather. Certain soaps lather better than other because of the type of oils used. Coconut oil is a popular oil to turn into soap specifically because it creates a rich lather. Has something to do with the fatty acids present in the oil during the soap making process.

6. otc

otc Senior member

Heck, look at all of those foaming soap dispensers--people fricking love lather.

Those things are great though: they keep people from using too much soap. When I first saw office/public rest rooms switching to foaming dispensers, I thought it was some stupid shit, but then I realized that there are crazy people out there who will use like 5 pumps of soap to wash their hands. Now those people are happy with a tiny bit of liquid soap that has been expanded into a palm-full of foam.

7. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Hey guise, random grammatical question:

Is it redundant to say "requisite requirements?"

8. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Negative. More is more.

9. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Are you sure?

Calling the expertise of @L'Incandescent !!

@L'Incandescent

WHY ISN'T THE TAGGING FUNCTION WORKING

10. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

It's a very awkward way to put the point, but there's at least one circumstance where it would make sense. If you mean that it's necessary for those requirements to be in place, then the requirements would be requisite. But even if that's what you mean, there are more elegant ways to say it.

11. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Gotcha. I thought that would be the case.

Can you help me with this phrase from my resume, please?

"...captured best practices, major gaps, and new product/service opportunities, and their capability requirements, for CLIENT"

I think it sounds a bit awkward at the end with the ',and their capability requirements,' -- is there a better way of phrasing this? I originally had "requisite" in place of "capability" and just changed it.

I was thinking of just saying "captured best practices, major gaps, and new product/service opportunities (and their capability requirements) for CLIENT" but the use of parentheses doesn't feel elegant to use in a resume.

HALP!

12. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to provide much helpful advice. I just don't have a sense for what counts as good communication in a business setting. I don't really understand how you're using the verb "captured," for example. That is, I don't know what it means to capture a best practice or a gap or a product/service opportunity.

13. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Depends, could be a third party requirement.

14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Helped clients improve profitability and growth by recommending and implementing new product opportunities

15. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

^ that's pretty good. verb and object at the beginning followed by descriptor... much clearer than your original GF. :nodding:

what I don't get? Tucking your f'g ears inside a baseball cap. What in holy hell is the point/reason for having your hat large enough to accommodate your ears inside of it. Absolutely f'g stoopid.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014