1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Shakira very much like Katy Perry is better when she shuts up.

2. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Somebody is doing your lawn????

How IC is that?

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I don't get dog parks. When did it happen that society decided, after spending millennia with our canine companions, that we needed officially sanctioned areas for the activities one does with their pooch?

4. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Also, if you don't have a dog, you're not allowed in the dog park under nyc law.

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Seriously? How do you ban a person from a public area, funded with tax dollars, because they do not have a dog with them?

6. otc

otc Senior member

People in the cities stopped having country homes where they could let them run free.

Also, I guess it stopped being cool to have a well trained pooch: I see a lot of poorly behaved dogs in the city whose owners don't even seem embarrassed...and since everybody still says "don't worry, my dog's nice", you can't tell which dogs deserve the freedom to run around parks. So now if you want them off leash, you had better take them to the roped off area.

1 person likes this.
  7. MrG

MrG Senior member

I don't think city life explains it, OTC. Every suburb/exurb I've lived in has had them. Where I live now is still very blended between neighborhoods and rural, and all of the county/municipal parks in my area have dog parks.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I know lots of city folks that are dog owners and do not need a designated park.

This could well be the rationale and I don't like it. It's rewarding bad behaviour on the owner's part. It's just like parents with kids in a nice restaurant and the kids are running wild. We need to introduce shame back into society.

2 people like this.
  9. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

To protect those innocent dogs from sexual predators, of course.

2 people like this.
  10. otc

otc Senior member

They probably have them where I grew up now too then...I just didn't start thinking about them until being in the city where there are clear dog parks and dog beaches.

Also, with everyone in close quarters, off leash dogs can be a real danger (and I don't mean biting/aggression) Every year a few cyclists get seriously injured on the bike path when some off-leash dog runs in front of them. They either crash trying to avoid it, or hit it and go over it (which could easily kill the dog and leave the cyclist with some broken bones).

I'm all for that.

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Shame on you for enacting your shame privileges

12. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I had a client who had an adorable golden retriever and would take him to playgrounds in order to perv on the kids. He never raped them but he'd touch them over the clothes while he let the kids feed the dog. He was a rarity in that he didn't discriminate between boys or girls, he felt up both. He's still in prison as far as I know.

13. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

You piece a shit, you didn't get him off?

14. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

There are multiple ways to read this.

2 people like this.
  15. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Dip shits who teach their dip shit children that all dogs are evil and will kill you or a dirty, which leads to a lot of screaming and cussing, if you dare walking your well trained dog off leash anywhere else, my dog gets scared when people yell, which is kind of funny, they scream because they are scared scaring the dog. :sarcasm:

You don't need them for dogs, you need to avoid people, who don't like dogs, funnily enough I use the normal park 365 days of the year 1-3 times a day (I rarely use the dog park). Everyone else use it once a week, if they really use it, so yeah we should really a peace them, at the same time they ride their bikes around the park, which is illegal.

I had a discussion with an elderly woman, who took her walks in the DOG park, who complained about the dogs, as she was scared of them.

Don't get me started on ill behaved children, I don't get how people just let their children run around like wild animals being a nuisance to everyone else.
    I often have my dog with me to restaurants (most place tell to sit outside, but that's to be expected) and I have never had any complaints, they all compliment him for being quite and laying still and say if I want I can bring him back anytime.

16. MrG

MrG Senior member

You won't find many people more aggravated by poorly-behaved children than me, but your vitriol over them is pretty rich when it's spouted in the same post where you talk about taking your dog to restaurants and out in public unleashed.

1 person likes this.
  17. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

He insisted he wanted to testify against my recommendation. He did not do a good job.

18. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

He walks within 10> feet of me, when he's of his leash in the park and outside of the park he's on a 6ft leash and I always call ahead to ask if it's okay, that I bring him, if not he stays at home.

19. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

You can't fix stupid.

1 person likes this.
  20. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Soon that may not be a meaningful distinction.