• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Google Glass.

I'm at the airport and there's this corny asian dude walking around wearing one. Lololol.

Even smoking a cigarette couldn't save his un-cool ass!

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This semester I have had an unusually large number of students say "Um so I know I stopped coming to class in the fifth week haven't turned in any assignments but now I'm 'bout to graduate need to pass the class what can I do?"

How did they get through four years of university being the kinds of students who would do things like that? How do you just stop coming to class when your graduation depends on your passing my course?

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I skipped the majority of my classes. Look at me now, mah!

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This semester I have had an unusually large number of students say "Um so I know I stopped coming to class in the fifth week haven't turned in any assignments but now I'm 'bout to graduate need to pass the class what can I do?"

How did they get through four years of university being the kinds of students who would do things like that? How do you just stop coming to class when your graduation depends on your passing my course?

Maybe that's the Millennial Attitude we keep hearing about.

Never understood it either. I had some kid come into class 40 minutes late, sit down, then raise his hand and ask for extra credit "because he really needed to get an A in this class, and he didn't think it was going to be hard." I told him no and he left. Baffling.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EDM. And I don't mean actual electronic music by actual musicians.... I mean this pop-ass-bullshit lite version that all these douche bags listen to at Tomorrowland and EDC thinking they are just sooooooo f'g cool. Hardwell, Tiesto, Avicii.... are you ******* kidding me? These assholes couldn't DJ their way out of a wet paper bag. Complete and utter shite.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Google Glass.

I'm at the airport and there's this corny asian dude walking around wearing one. Lololol.

Even smoking a cigarette couldn't save his un-cool ass!

its the new bluetooth ear piece!

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe that's the Millennial Attitude we keep hearing about.

Never understood it either. I had some kid come into class 40 minutes late, sit down, then raise his hand and ask for extra credit "because he really needed to get an A in this class, and he didn't think it was going to be hard." I told him no and he left. Baffling.

Better watch it. Wait til they have mommy and daddy get your tenure revoked or sue you.... so that lil Johnny can get the grade he deserves, not the grade he earned.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I always tell kids headed off to college the secret to doing well: just show up to class and pay attention. That's really 90% of doing well in undergrad.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always tell kids headed off to college the secret to doing well: just show up to class and pay attention. That's really 90% of doing well in undergrad.

You can also do pretty well by not showing up and just reading the textbook. At least for the first 2 years.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
...or butter up your prof by telling him lies like "your pink pants are very flattering" or "the St. Louis Rams are a good team"

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

You can also do pretty well by not showing up and just reading the textbook. At least for the first 2 years. 

Agreed but it's so much easier if you just show up. As you get spoon fed you'll not have to think too hard when reading that text book.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I used to look up profs' research interests and, during office hours visits, subtly engage them on it. Yes I am brilliant of mind.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Mine was notorious for grade deflation. Every class was curved to like a B- which meant if you came to class paid attention did the homework went to office hours studied for exams weeks in advance you would get a B-. It's what happens when you have a bunch of overachievers in a school desperately trying to hold on to brand image. I read that the average grade at Harvard was an A-. Kicking myself for not going there instead

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads