Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

How I hear so much hate towards uggs, yet see girls in uggs ERRYWHERE

2. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Isn't there a reasonable life to bacteria and germs though? like most bacteria are dead gone within a 24hr period. It's not like if one dude with herpes handled a $20 5 years ago you're gonna get herpes....

Sure like the handles on a subway car or gas station pump, maybe. Since they're in constant contact with new people/bacteria/germs often they could be "dirtier." I really don't see money as some awful disease-ridden thing.

3. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

that's b/c you're not Superman w/ super-microbial vision! Money is filthy! Maybe not as much in the US or parts of Europe but trust me...
    or see the following...

http://www.druglessdoctor.com/Resou...eId/243/Top-10-Dirtiest-Things-You-Touch.aspx

just one of many pages w/ similar info

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  4. gort

gort Senior member

The purell generation.....sigh.....

5. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

No kidding. Wtf is up with that shit. Unless it's covered in blood, feces, urine, or some other weird juice suck it up and move on. Bunch of ninnies.

I don't understand new year's resolutions. Specifically, why it's socially expected to make them and then fall through on them. Then again, I'm capable of introspection more than one day out of the year.

6. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

That list is quite interesting, although a couple of those items are personal. At least with a cellphone it's your germs rather than anyone else's. Unless you lend your phone to someone else that is.

The filthiest money I've seen is in Mainland China, some of the small denomination banknotes can be absolutely disgusting. Thing with the RMB it's nearly all paper, very few coins especially in rural China. Smallest paper denomination one sees regularly is the 1 jiao note, which is worth about 1.5 cents (USD). With all the handling of dirty paper, probably no wonder they're reluctant to handle their food with their hands. Many Chinese will carry personal hand sanitizer, as sometimes local washing facilities can be rather basic to say the least, e.g. no hot water or soap.

I'm sure in Europe and US, the banks try to remove the filthiest and worn-out currency from circulation, before it becomes too bad and unacceptable.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  7. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I don't get people who willfully life in shit places. Must be some Gary Glitter shit going on.

8. dacox

dacox Senior member

Can be true, but it's very region specific (IME it's mostly in western China and the poorer provinces). Every time I've been out anywhere in western China a lot of places flat out refuse to take my coins. I assume it's because of counterfeiting or something in those poorer regions but don't really know. On the other hand over here, I would say only one in about 10-15 transactions involves a 1 rmb note and there are times when I go over a month without seeing any of the lower denominations in paper bills.

Anyway though, yeah, Asian money has to be some of the dirtiest stuff you can handle.

And since we're on hygiene, the other thing I don't get is how these old Chinese ladies at the supermarket can go to the butcher section, handle pretty much every piece of pork, beef, and chicken meat on display barehanded, one after another, and then go to pick out their fresh vegetables, fruit, and everything else without thinking twice about it. As a guy who likes to eat raw vegetables, it kind of freaks me out.

9. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Money could never make me sick.

10. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Do I detect a hint of jealousy here Mr Eason?

To repeat something I posted earlier in this threak... "Since I've been in Asia I've never been seriously ill though, except for the occasional cold and mild food poisoning in HK once"

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  11. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

It might do if you don't clean your hands before handling food.

12. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

They wear sweatpants too. It's terrible. The real shame of it is that these are often young attractive girls, who because they are in their early twenties can get by in shit clothes. But they're soon going to turn 30 and they're still going to dress in sweatpants and Uggz and probably still eat shit food because they never learned to cook so they'll also be big and fat and completely unfuckable.

13. patrickBOOTH

Nope never. Money loves me too much. :)

14. patrickBOOTH

Yeah, this is very common in the suburbs. I remember in college seeing tons of girls walking around in practically their pajamas with $2,000 LV bags. They have no sense of congruity in style. It is all the "it" shoes, or the "it" bag. Quite ridiculous.

15. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

And, for several days when I walked past the Manhattan store, I saw hundreds of women and men standing for long periods in a line to get into the store. I don't understand the appeal.