1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

As I've mentioned many times, I'm now able to eat dairy with the help of Lactaid. One thing I've discovered is that every time I eat yogurt, I sneeze two or three times. Literally every time. I wonder why that is?

1 person likes this.
  2. L'Incandescent

Here's another one. I've mentioned a similar phenomenon before, but It happened a little bit differently this time. I went to sleep with my head to the south and my feet to the north. I woke up this morning with my head to the east and my feet to the west. (Previous times, I have woken up with my head to the west and my feet to the east.) People who have shared my sleeping quarters in the past have told me I sleep like a crazy person, and I guess they're right. But how on earth does that happen?

3. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

Helluva first post. :marchal:

4. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I love it when a members first post is in here, or the pissed off thread. It bodes well.

5. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

[​IMG]

6. patrickBOOTH

Jennifer Lawrence. What does she look like? There are seriously no two pictures of her where she actually looks like the same person. I call conspiracy.

7. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

so true. sometimes she looks like a typical corn fed americana female type, then sometimes she looks like someone slapped makeup on her and squeezed her into a fancy dress. then in silver linings playbook you get super confused: is she hot? yes she's hot, but is it her charisma that makes her hot? is she voluptuous? is she actually thin with curves?

so confusing.

the thing is people that haven't actually seen silver linings playbook probably have preconceived notions about her, but those who have actually seen the movie will be all the more confused about her.

8. MrG

MrG Senior member

I don't get why I'm so bad at predicting which of my SF posts will be judged clever/funny/amusing by my fellow posters. Seriously, I'm batting maybe .400 when it comes to making posts and going, "oh, this is a good one. I'm gonna get a lot of thumbs ups and smileys." On top of that, it seems like it's the posts I make that I find to be only middling in their cleverness/funniness/amusingness are just as likely to elicit love as the ones I think are my best work. This does not seem to be a problem I have in real life, where I'm much more capable of predicting which of my jokes will be met with amusement (I'm not saying there are a lot of them, but I'm pretty good at knowing when I've made a good one).

Last edited: May 3, 2013
    8 people like this.
  9. L'Incandescent

10. patrickBOOTH

A friend of mine said it is because of her age. She was a teenager when she first came to spotlight and the transition from teenager into early 20's can change a lot about how somebody looks. Also, the makeup on her is always so different it doesn't help the situation.

11. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

You must be dying to say something..

12. patrickBOOTH

Targeted ads are so invasive and annoying. I typed into google, "Dream interpretation about pooping". Now I am getting all of these ad for bed mats and diapers. So strange.

13. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

who the fuck is Jennifer Lawrence?

14. patrickBOOTH

15. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

If I knowingly put banknotes into a washing machine and let it wash them, how come I can't be found guilty of money laundering?

16. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I was 13. Terrible year. 1992 was awesome though

17. L'Incandescent

Putting money into a laundry machine does not help to conceal the illegal source of the money. Unless someone wrote on the money in pencil "This money is payment for a big drug deal."

18. E TF

E TF Senior member

The whitening agents in laundry detergent can make bank notes glow under ultra violet light, which some shops use to determine if a bank note is a fake or not (real notes should not glow under UV). So careful how you go there.

19. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

My fiancee just dropped 140 dollars on getting her fingernails done. Not like treatment or anything. Just getting them painted. And she's normally very fiscally reasonable. [​IMG]

20. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

What, do they buff them with caviar and then paint with gold leaf or something?