1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. forsbergacct2000

forsbergacct2000 Senior member

Here's another:

People who eat insane amounts of fast food and then try to break even by washing it down with a Diet Coke.

Or

People who are vegetarians for health reasons but still eat insane amounts of junk food.

The diet coke will still take 200 calories out of the meal. That is significant if it happens often.

2. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

religious people that do drugs/fuck around/are gay
    "Gays for a free Palestine"
    ."

+1 - people who really believe in something seriously, very religious, very anti-religious. but people who essentially believe in scripture, and then turn around and argue that one specific part of scripture shouldn't be there, I dont get.

gun people. just dont' get it.

and flip side, those who are totally anti military/police/security

3. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

fat chics love of spandex and sleeveless tops bitter people that want to entail you religious people that do drugs/fuck around/are gay "Gays for a free Palestine" inconsistency as a default state people that preach tolerance, that shout down those that disagree with them To the OP, the note taking? I know a guy like that. I can't stand him, for several reasons, but what he does with his notes is attempt to change what happened at meetings. For instance, he'll attribute something said to a person, and the person didn't say that, nor was that even said. But he'll argue, "No, it's right here in my notes."
    You're the boss. Fire his ass! A guy at my office follows up every meeting with a redundant email restating everything that was said in the meeting, almost as if everything came from him in the first place. It's ridiculous. What's more ridiculous is that his boss actually thinks he's on top of things because he does this shit, when in fact, nothing at all has improved under his management. He's an anal control freak, but the numbers are the same as before he arrived, so he's accomplished absolutely nothing. I'm in my last 3 weeks there, however, so I don't care anymore. After that, I will be unemployed. ^_^

4. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

I do not get......

Piobaire[​IMG]

5. presence

presence Senior member

people who hate hipsters

6. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

I'm a big fan of rap, but basically most hip hop culture and the people that listen to it nowadays is terrible.

7. Tardek

Tardek Senior member

What's up with people always taking notes no matter what? How do you have a 10 minute business meeting and end up with 3 pages full of notes? What are these people writing down? I feel like sometimes a transcript would have been shorter.

I get this and do this - it's important if people want to sue you later while alleging you have or have not said something.

People who don't take 5 seconds to say "Thank You" after you hold a door open for them.

I hate that. I opened a door for some old guy only last week, and he walked past without even saying thank you. What an asshole.

In line with this one, I don't understand why people fail to lift up their hand for a thank-you wave after you go out of your way to let them into your lane.

To the OP, the note taking? I know a guy like that. I can't stand him, for several reasons, but what he does with his notes is attempt to change what happened at meetings. For instance, he'll attribute something said to a person, and the person didn't say that, nor was that even said. But he'll argue, "No, it's right here in my notes."

Wow.

8. r...

r... Senior member

There has to be a special ring in hell for people who think its funny/cool to get their pets/children high.

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

You're the boss. Fire his ass!

Sadly, this is a guy that works at another organization, but one I work closely with.

10. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

People who don't consider rap music
    all subgenres of rock (nu-metal, death metal, etc.) who gives a shit?
    childhood obesity
    2001: A space Odyssey. Srsly WTF was that shit?
    love of Whoopee Goldberg

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

People that don't like cheese. wtf?
    People that don't like wine. wtf?

12. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

French/Canadians.

13. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

people with a lot of facilal piercings, espetially pretty women.

14. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

my mother not wanting me to get a nice car.

15. willpower

willpower Senior member

Why all movies with a southwestern USA desert scene contain a single guitar chord played with tremolo effect when they cut to a new scene.

16. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Why all movies with a southwestern USA desert scene contain a single guitar chord played with tremolo effect when they cut to a new scene.

You've obviously never been in the Southwest.

17. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

my mother not wanting me to get a nice car.

Maybe she can't afford the payments?

18. Chet Steadman

Chet Steadman Member

people who spend way too much time thinking or worrying about what other people are doing

+1 - Especially celebrities (except foo of course)

19. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

George Carlin.
    The popularity of a lot of current bands - Black Eyed Peas, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga all come to mind.
    Why dogs eat poop.
    Roger Federer's girlfriend.
    Why it seems so many filipino men are homosexuals.
    What Peter Angelos has been smoking for a decade-plus.
    Menthol cigarettes.
    Ed Hardy.
    Meth.
    Tight jeans.
    The current 80s look on women.
    Mutual masturbation.

20. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

People who use the second person indicative constantly.

Totally. You're always just walking around, then you hear someone using the 2nd person indicative. It really gets you down, you know?