• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score

I needed to mail something, but I could not find my postage stamps. This caused me to be very angry, partly because this happens to me every time I need to mail something. Still, I was angrier about it than seemed reasonable. Sometimes consuming sugary products helps improve a person's mood. I should have thought of that before becoming so unreasonably angry.

I was commenting on the use of syrup a mere minutes before you posted how you actively avoid using the word

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The announcers on the football game I'm watching have said "trickeration" at least ten times now. What the hell?

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please make Resident Evil a survival horror game again...

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
l'Incandescent said that he uses pink legal pads, but he also said that he prefers pink highlighters. I would think the highlighted text wouldn't stand out. :confused:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anything to increase ambiguity, I guess.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

l'Incandescent said that he uses pink legal pads, but he also said that he prefers pink highlighters. I would think the highlighted text wouldn't stand out. :confused:

Circumstances are in my favor on this one. Although it's true that I use both pink legal pads and pink highlighters, it is extremely rare that I need to highlight something I've written on my legal pad. I'm typically highlighting documents that I've printed out. (The paper I put in my printer is just regular white.)

I used to always write with a pink pen, but the pen I especially liked got discontinued. Then I used white paper. Since I can't use the pink pen anymore, I compensate with pink paper. (Pink is the best color, and there's not really even a close second.)

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really hate when they discontinue great pen models. My 2.5 foot curly-wacky pen ran out of ink ages ago.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for clarification. I was actually thinking about this while trying to fall asleep last night. On the inside we're all pink.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I really hate when they discontinue great pen models. My 2.5 foot curly-wacky pen ran out of ink ages ago.

I write with a Mont Blanc. I get refills at the store. I feel like a dick though when I go to meetings. The CEO and President and such will be writing with the standard BIC pens from the office supply rooms and I am sitting there with a $600 pen with a diamond in it. Then again, shame on them.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I write with a Mont Blanc. I get refills at the store. I feel like a dick though when I go to meetings. The CEO and President and such will be writing with the standard BIC pens from the office supply rooms and I am sitting there with a $600 pen with a diamond in it. Then again, shame on them.

I just use Pilot G2s that I have purchased for me but I notice some of my directs have nice pens.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Maybe you should go the bespoke route. You could have a thread where you document each stage of the process. (And where you subject yourself to criticisms on each of your decisions.)

There is no Bic pen that I find even remotely okay to write with. I can't believe anyone would use them on purpose.

EDIT: I hope you got a good night's sleep irregardless, pB. I'd hate to be responsible, even indirectly, for someone's bad sleep.

Last edited:

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is that the turbo or standard six cylinder?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not quite on your baller status but I use Diplomat fountain pens and I always have to bring extra Bics along in my briefcase in case clients have to sign something. Clients NEVER bring their own pen to anything. I've learned my lesson very early about letting them borrow my fountain pen. Most of them have no idea how to write with it and they end up ripping the paper and ruining the nib. ******* savages I represent. Why do I put up with them?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not quite on your baller status but I use Diplomat fountain pens and I always have to bring extra Bics along in my briefcase in case clients have to sign something. Clients NEVER bring their own pen to anything. I've learned my lesson very early about letting them borrow my fountain pen. Most of them have no idea how to write with it and they end up ripping the paper and ruining the nib. ******* savages I represent. Why do I put up with them?

I'm not the kind of man who would come to Style Forum and type false words into the Reply box: when I use a fountain pen, I sometimes rip the paper too. :embar:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads