Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I love my gf, she makes me generally very happy, and being away from her for so long has me going through withdrawal, but

:fu: she wants to order two pairs of shoes from meermin, but she doesn't want to email them herself (cuz she's shy :puzzled:) so she's having me communicate with them. it's a little annoying to have to relay messages between two people unnecessarily, but more so i just dont get why she can't do it herself. it would literally be the same exact thing, but without my inbox as a middleman

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Internet shy, thats a first. :rotflmao:

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Sounds like my girlfriend, but yours has better taste in clothes.

4. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

I'm in the process of getting mine to stop buying garbage online from forever 21, in favor of going into h&m and actually trying things on. I'm not saying they're the best place ever, but for cheap stuff that doesn't look totally horrible, fits her, and holds up okay they seem to have some stuff.

Of course, she's now moving back to Tennessee where there is a forever 21, but no h&m for about ninety miles, and she can't drive...

5. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Fuck that noise

6. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Too shy to email people online? FFS, how does she function in society?

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I am too shy to post on SF and other online forums. I relay my messages to a certain lady who posts them for me.

Here's something I don't get: the students in one of my classes were noting that classes at the same level (i.e., 100-level, 200-level, etc.) are not equally hard. That, of course, is true. One of my students tells me that a 300-level class I taught last semester was way too easy for a course at that level, and that her 300-level courses in Poli Sci were much more challenging. Here's the thing, though: this student was in real danger of earning a D in my "easy" class. Through the magic of extra credit, generous grading, and office hours help, that did not happen. Does she think I don't remember that? Does she think it makes her look good to say that my course was too easy? (FWIW, I'm one of the toughest graders in my department. This is based on actual data and stuff.)

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

She's maybe trying to preserve her ego

I feel like my gf pretty much only emails ppl she knows in real life. She also doesn't like calling customer service and the like and will only do it if she absolutely has to or asks me I do it

9. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I had a student who was fighting hard to get a C, and kept complaining about how she'd never gotten anything but an "A" and didn't understand how this class was so hard. I looked up her grades, she had gotten C's in every science class she had taken and B's in several random classes. Hurrrrr.

10. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Yup, I've seen that a lot of times. On a related note, I'm the guy in my department who does most of the advising for grad school. I always ask students what their overall and philosophy GPAs look like. It's important that I have an accurate sense of that because it makes a big difference for what kind of advice I give. Apparently they are not aware that I have access to their transcripts, because they often tell me things that are not even close to the truth.

11. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Are you dating my wife?

12. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I think the fact that they pretty much lived together for years on end and having to deal with their bandmates' crap, which gets exponentially more unbearable once money, drugs, and other shit enters the picture would get to anyone. plus once success comes in their gonna start hearing shit like "you're way better than your bandmates" or "they're riding on your back" and they're gonna believe it eventually.

well,, that or they really have legitimate "creative differences"

13. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

sometimes its for the best when a band quits while theyre on top, even if that was not at all their intention. i find that theyre are only a select few bands that can stick together for a very long time without tarnishing their original image/sound. that being said, it definitely sucks wishing "what could have been", but it definitely is better than looking back and saying "wtf happened?"

what i dont get: 'stylish' fat people. i mean, i hate 'stylish' skinny people too, but bigger people should realize that skinny jeans arent going to work, no matter how 'forward' or flamboyant your wardobe is.

14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Kurt Cobain said it best, "I try not to evolve too much. Every band that I love that evolved too much turned to shit."

15. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I believe Tupac said it best, "Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal."