Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Senior member

why people refuse to park anywhere further than 100 yards from a place of destination. Fucking just walk. The drunken walk back will feel like nothing. :D

2. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

And people at supermarket nearly trying to drive into the entrace hall to avoid any walking...:facepalm:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012

3. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I've seen them park next to the curb in front of the door. Lazy!

4. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Fucking idiots..

And the fit 20 year olds parking with attitude in the disabled or mother&child parking spaces..:censored:

We're maybe getting old and grumpy..

5. why

why Senior member

Why is Mr. Goodbar only available as the mini version in the variety packs? And what am I supposed to do with the Krackels and a couple pounds of milk and dark chocolate barlettes?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Just save it for a few months and give it out at Halloween.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Liking famous people, things, or even natural events on Facebook. Rain - 450,000 people like Rain popped up in my sidebar today. Is this shit that anyone needs to know?

8. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

I "liked" Peter Jackson because he posted cool things about production of the Hobbit film. Sometimes, there is a purpose.

9. blahman

blahman Senior member

I enjoy a drizzle every now and then especially when it rolls in in the middle of a warm sunny day. I like that smell - I seriously don't get why though.

10. Makoto Chan

Makoto Chan Senior member

I don't get why people would rather walk 30 minutes in the summer heat and humidity instead of ride a bicycle for 10 minutes. Or walk for an hour instead of bike 20 minutes. I'm talking about a slow ride to work, which is how most people commute around here. The people I'm talking about are all out-of-shape Americans. They should understand that if they exercised just a little bit on a daily basis, then a brief ride wouldn't cause them to sweat, and then they could be indoors and out of the heat in less time.

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

have you told facebook about it?

12. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

They also have to buy a bike, helmet, locks, etc. I'd love to start biking more (and I'm annoyed I haven't at all this summer) but it's a pain in the ass buying a bike. Especially if you're buying off craigslist (considered new but dont want to drop major coin yet)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012

13. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

How does walking not count as exercise? :confused: Walking for 30 minutes probably burns more calories than riding a bike for 10. Plus, why would you want to ride a bike in a suit? Maybe people don't like having to deal with having a bike and all of the bullshit accoutrements hanging around? People who bitch about "Americans" being out of shape pisses me off.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^ i heard in japan you can leave $5,000 bikes outside without locks and no one will steal it. Plus there's that video with a person walking around Japan with a bike bell spreading the Red Sea by dinging it.

its a little different here in the US. Bikes are under constant threat of being stolen, car drivers think they own the road, and pedestrians are just as bad when dealing with bikers. You can eventually figure out how to stream line a commute to make it a lot easier to ride to work here in the US. But it takes a lot of work just to figure everything out. Its so much more difficult to casually commute and do errands in the US compared to other countries.

^that said I don't understand why more people in the US don't at least try commuting by bike more often when they live less than 5 miles away from work. just going out and trying to do it would surprise >80% of the people of how easy it is to do, even when you're out of shape.

15. blahman

blahman Senior member

No.
    I tweeted it though.