Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

If a couple views you as a sufficiently close friend to invite to their wedding, you should attend regardless of whether the wedding is dry, vegetarian, or at the same time as a major sporting event. Believe it or not, some vegetarian meals are quite tasty. I doubt that the couple will be serving salad and cold tofu. If you're still skeptical, eat a big meal before the ceremony.

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

3. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Don't you wear leather shoes and wool suits?

4. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Oh please. It's his own choice whether he considers that "consumption" of animal products.

Here's what I'd dn't get: self-righteous meat eaters accusing vegans of being self-righteous.

:)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012

5. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Blatant hypocrisy is fun, isn't it? But hey, when it's a majority doing it, it makes it alright!

No, us vegetarians like to feed you scraps of lettuce with berries and twigs thrown in. Sometimes, if you're lucky, we will even give you some dirt and grass.

I will agree that vegetarian filipino food is atrocious and borderline nonexistant, but acid doesn't even know what the menu is going to be apart from "no meat". There are endless dishes across the rest of the world that don't feature meat, let's not jump into things now.

You're picking this up off of one text message?

6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

in relation to vegetarians, I tried to watch the documentary Fat Sick and Nearly Dead on Neflix and couldn't finish it.

from the portion that I watched - it was an obese man (because of a bad diet/lifestyle) that went on a 60 day fruit and vegetable juice fast (he even would travel with a juicer in his car).

its like the contrast of Super Size Me.... but it was just so boring and derivative -

of course he's going to lose weight, attain better medical test results by only drinking fruit/vegetables that have been juiced for 60 days.

just like the super size me guy is going to gain weight and eventually have unfavorable medical test results by eating 5000-10,000 calories of Mc Dondalds for 30 straight days.

The novelty wore off quickly after supersize me with super high me and other copy cats. I don't get why people have to make documentaries that explain something so patently obvious. They even covered the fact that everyone basically knows whats good and bad for you to eat even before/after eating.

7. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I want to make a documentary where I have sex every day for 30 days and chart the results after that time period.

8. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Will be more of a very short clip..

9. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

10. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I'm actually quite fertile and expect a 80%-90% chance of pregnancy.

11. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Have you considered freezing some of your eggs in case you decide to hold off on getting pregnant?

12. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

Those lying bastages at the restaurant claimed that they serve it every day.

13. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

I would be more worried about the quality of the meat offered at a wedding anyway and would not touch it. the meat itself would likely be more "dry" than a vegetarian offering. if you wanted it that badly, bring some to put in your dish. it's not very difficult to do. more times than not I bring my own food to food-oriented situations. sometimes I can even get it to fit in my pockets

that's because squirrels are not equivalent to dogs and cats. dogs and cats are far more superior in cognitive functioning so their ability of pain and suffering is greater.

14. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

INORITE?

:laugh: Nice one.