• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has probably been posted several times already, but it bears repeating: Nightclubs. Wait in a long line and pay a cover charge for the privilege of buying overpriced drinks, listening to bad music at a deafening volume, and interacting with unfriendly people!

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

This has probably been posted several times already, but it bears repeating: Nightclubs. Wait in a long line and pay a cover charge for the privilege of buying overpriced drinks, listening to bad music at a deafening volume, and interacting with unfriendly people!

WHAT DID YOU SAY????

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol i think yelp was pretty useful to gauge a restaurant's rating a couple years back. now it's just inundated with shithead wannabe foodies who don't know **** and will give a restaurant 1 star for random **** unrelated to the actual restaurant. **** i said **** a lot.

Last edited:

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol i think yelp was pretty useful to gauge a restaurant's rating a couple years back. now it's just inundated with shithead wannabe foodies who don't know **** and will give a restaurant 1 star for random **** unrelated to the actual restaurant. **** i said **** a lot.

alternative?

Last edited:

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand my brother; he called me the other night saying he's aiming to burn in hell in the end...he's dating some girl younger barely into college (he's 32). He has known her for three weeks and now they are on a week long vacation in NYC, all of which is being financed my brother. He's been very irresponsible...I've heard that he has been staying out until 5-6 AM every morning, and I know he has started smoking / drinking bourbon straight. As someone who has just quit smoking, why the hell start doing that at 32 years old?!?

He smells like **** all the time from alcohol and cigarettes because they both smoke up a storm in his apartment. He posted a picture of her in her underwear on Facebook...(no I will not post pictures). Oh yeah, I helped him move last weekend to a new apartment...was supposed to be a three hour job, all the prep work was supposed to be done, old apartment was a wreck, he functioned like half a person, and I ended up driving back to Kentucky at 2 AM, barely got two hours of sleep before having to wake up and drive a hundred miles in the opposite direction for work (which ended up being a 12 hour day on the river). And even when I left, he wanted me to have beers with him! I'm not going to **** up my job; however, I'm worried he's ******* up his whole life for some tender piece of ass. His job is good, sure, he has some problems in his life; however, he is really acting foolish.

Oh yeah, she is a former student...I wonder when they met again three weeks ago if he was "Mr.xxxxx"

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is your problem with the age gap or with his immaturity? I see nothing wrong with the age gap, but him being immature is a real concern.

Did he act that way in undergrad? Do you think they have a serious future together?

Last edited:

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see a problem with both to be honest...reasoning being with the age gap thing is she is essentially a child - she doesn't work, her parents pay for everything...who is to know she isn't using my brother because of his income? My brother has been engaged twice before and married once; one thing he isn't good at is leaving a relationship when it should be over...so I know that in six months I will have long stressful phone calls from him...he gets his dick wet and falls in love. I see a real problem with how he lets women change him so much (which has happened in the past, and is happening now); **** he'll even start talking differently, using different words, etc.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I see a problem with both to be honest...reasoning being with the age gap thing is she is essentially a child - she doesn't work, her parents pay for everything...who is to know she isn't using my brother because of his income? My brother has been engaged twice before and married once; one thing he isn't good at is leaving a relationship when it should be over...so I know that in six months I will have long stressful phone calls from him...he gets his dick wet and falls in love. I see a real problem with how he lets women change him so much (which has happened in the past, and is happening now); **** he'll even start talking differently, using different words, etc.

damn, I'm sorry to hear this man. I assume you have tried talking to him and it has never worked.

Honestly I would like to marry someone younger than me, 7-10 years, so that I can focus on my carrer and be in a stable financial postion by at least 30. Then I marry the girl, we live life a bit and she is pregnant around 25-28. But I hope I can find someone mature for their age, not sure if it will happen this way but that is what I would like.

I currently have a friend drooling over a girl, that he probably won't date in the long run, instead of focusing on mcat studying/life. This kid has never fallen for a girl like this before which makes it worse. Not sure how to approach the situation. I don't think they will date in the long run for various reasons, she is clingy and he has not dated other girls so he does not know what is really out there. He is a great guy and I think plenty of chicks will want to pursue a relationship with him in the futre but I wish he would wake the freak up right now and let this girl go.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He banging a young hotty? You got a problem with that?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
What I don't get about Yelp is why they let vegans post reviews. This is 99.9% of all reviews by a vegan:

Did not have any vegan options on the menu. I asked the waiter if the chef could make the kobe burger vegan style for me and I got some attitude. Listen, vegans have a right to a kobe burger they can eat just as much as non-vegans do. Vegan kobe burger FINALLY arrived at the table and it was horrible. I have no idea why a restaurant would hire a chef that in incapable of making a decent vegan kobe burger.

Suggestion: learn to make vegan food!

As soon as someone puts "vegan" in a review or their profile a Men In Black type team should be dispatched to their location.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why doesn't the Holy See have an Olympic team?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What I don't get about Yelp is why they let vegans post reviews. This is 99.9% of all reviews by a vegan:
As soon as someone puts "vegan" in a review or their profile a Men In Black type team should be dispatched to their location.

What in the five hells is a "vegan kobe burger?" Does not the "kobe" predicate beef?

Was just up in a town in Massachusetts where seemingly half the restaurants were either vegan only or dominated by hippy (can't think of a better word although it doesn't really fit) locavore/sustainable/whatever philosophy. I just want damn sandwich not an objective study in food philosophy.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

What in the five hells is a "vegan kobe burger?" Does not the "kobe" predicate beef?

Another question is why so many vegetarians try to have meat emulated for them.

I'm not trying to slam the concept of being a vegetarian. Some people have food allergies, I can see the case for health based vegetarianism...it's just that it seems to me people that trumpet the fact they are "vegan" (I quote because I think a goodly number of self-proclaimed vegans really do not understand all that entails and do not truly eat vegan) are more passive aggressive attention seeking than anything else. I notice those with food allergies, a real commitment to the health aspect, etc. usually just quietly make their way and appreciate any efforts to help them.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why doesn't the Holy See have an Olympic team?

They no longer give medals for the 100 metres priest altar boy 3 legged race.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads