• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But they have the sideways vagoo so the annoying food pic/blogging can be tolerated.

So I tried googling what this sideways vagoo is and I got this:

http://www.weirdasianews.com/2008/05/18/water-fountain-rips-womans-******-sfw/

imunique

Reaction score
I don't get it when a friend becomes immediately angry when you simply play a little joke on him or her just obviously for fun. He or she ruins the joke and hurts your feelings. Am I alone on this?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So I tried googling what this sideways vagoo is and I got this:
http://www.weirdasianews.com/2008/05/18/water-fountain-rips-womans-******-sfw/

Thanks for that..:uhoh:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I don't get why 75% of Yelp reviews are by aZn females.

Annoying. Especially when it is like a five star restaurant and you have 1,000 reviews of Asian girl's brunch experiences. I don't give a **** how your eggs were at 11 Madison!

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't get it when a friend becomes immediately angry when you simply play a little joke on him or her just obviously for fun. He or she ruins the joke and hurts your feelings. Am I alone on this?

My experience is that they are usually female and one that I know went off the wall nuts when I offered her a chocolate but kept it just out of her reach.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My experience is that they are usually female and one that I know went off the wall nuts when I offered her a chocolate but kept it just out of her reach.

Are you a feeder?

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you a feeder?

A feeder would suggest that I get enjoyment from giving her the chocolate, not denying her it.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A feeder would suggest that I get enjoyment from giving her the chocolate, not denying her it.

No because you will take pleasure in teasing her by retaining her treasured food..

A sadistic feeder...

The worst kind..

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ This is what its about brah, replace "food" with something else.
It's universal.

mindblown-o.gif

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Annoying. Especially when it is like a five star restaurant and you have 1,000 reviews of Asian girl's brunch experiences. I don't give a **** how your eggs were at 11 Madison!

^it gets worse when it comes to aZn female yelp reviewers (which again, comprise 75-90% of all yelp restaurant reviews) reviewing an aZn/ethnic restaurant.

there's variations of these themes:

"I know this is supposed to cater to the american pallet, but this is not authentic chinese food" :facepalm:

"the pizza was excellent, perfect sauce, cheese, and toppings. But guy making it was mexican. Thats why I had to give it 3 stars" :brick:

"AFTER WAITING IN LINE FOR 30MIN YOU'D EXPECT GODS GIFT TO MY TASTEBUDS, BUT MY BOIFRIEND WHO'S LIVED IN JAPAN SAID THAT THE RAMEN SUCKED. I LIKED IT BUT SINCE HE'S LIVED IN YOKAHAMA I HAVE TO AGREE WITH HIM" (but then the stupid person actually gives it 5/5 stars to confuse the **** out of anyone who's researching the reviews). :fu:

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

things you dont get: using yelp.

yelp is like amazon.... if there are enough reviews (unless its a total parody like the 3 wolves howling at the moon t shirt) then you can use it as a tool to make an informed decision. the obvious thing is just to glance at the number of reviews (like over 50) and then the overall average score. nice and quick.

but reading yelp reviews and then dissecting the stupid ones are a guilty pleasure of mine.... just like when you see a funny youtube clip and then scroll down to the comments and its become a clusterfuck of racism/ignorance/internet gangsterdom within 5 comments.

yelp reviews by aZn females are my guilty internet pleasure... especially when they post their name in ethnic chinese/japanese/korean characters under their yelp avatars :teach:

Last edited:

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wtf is a yelp? I thought thats what dogs do when you step on their tail...

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

^it gets worse when it comes to aZn female yelp reviewers (which again, comprise 75-90% of all yelp restaurant reviews) reviewing an aZn/ethnic restaurant.
there's variations of these themes:
"I know this is supposed to cater to the american pallet, but this is not authentic chinese food" :facepalm:
"the pizza was excellent, perfect sauce, cheese, and toppings. But guy making it was mexican. Thats why I had to give it 3 stars" :brick:
"AFTER WAITING IN LINE FOR 30MIN YOU'D EXPECT GODS GIFT TO MY TASTEBUDS, BUT MY BOIFRIEND WHO'S LIVED IN JAPAN SAID THAT THE RAMEN SUCKED. I LIKED IT BUT SINCE HE'S LIVED IN YOKAHAMA I HAVE TO AGREE WITH HIM" (but then the stupid person actually gives it 5/5 stars to confuse the **** out of anyone who's researching the reviews). :fu:

wife's cousin posts a lot of pics of these yelp gtg's full of these female azn yelpers, most of the time in some theme night.... good lord!!!! :crazy:

oh, and this always makes me smile...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads