Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Well, since I can afford my current mortgage payment, and rates are running about .75 points lower than my current rate, DO THE MATH.

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Just went to Subway to purchase a submarine sandwich. The lady who took my order is someone I've dealt with lots of times there. But today she was smiling a really big smile and she made her voice go higher than usual. I mean almost as high as Genevieve's voice, if you can believe it. I wonder why women do that sometimes?

3. blahman

blahman Senior member

Had some good cock the night before. DUH.
    Speaking of which gotta remember to go hit on the Subway girl near my office on Monday.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012

4. L'Incandescent

Next time I'm there, I'll ask her if your explanation is right.

5. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Drugs or HRT..

6. blahman

blahman Senior member

Can start putting bets down!! :laugh:

anyway, wth:
    [​IMG]

7. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

How you can build a "successful" brand/clothing line based on hoodies with embroidery and tee's with print.

How is that design and how can you call it a fashion house

8. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

will you really?? that would be funny/awkward! :happy:

which one are you referring to? Phat Farm, Mark Ecko, DC, Etnies, Rocawear, BAPE?? Selling crap to idiots is relatively easy and quite lucrative apparently....

9. L'Incandescent

I was at Subway again today and noticed another thing I don't get. There was a guy who'd been in line for a while, as it was busy. When it was his turn and the lady asked him what he wanted, he said "Umm, ahh, umm...." I've seen that kind of thing happen more than once. How do you not know what you want? What the heck were you thinking about as you stood in line? A normal person would be thinking about what they want to order so they'll be prepared when it's their turn.

10. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

speaking of hoodies... I sometimes see people walking out in the rain wearing hoodies. they're not raincoats, fools!

11. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

A small danish one, but yeah apparently.

It should be called this barely qualifies as design.

12. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Ya I actually see this often enough to wonder wtf is wrong with these people?

13. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

here's a recent one that was explained to me (by two separate cab drivers), but then I was skeptical and refused to believe it, until further evidence actually proved it to be true:

when you're driving sometimes there is "bottle neck" like traffic (where its stop and go for about 10-30 min) and you keep on driving and realize there was no bottle neck (no loss of lanes), accident, or anything causing a delay.

the cause of the "stop and go/bottle neck-like" traffic?

the highway goes uphill.

I'm fucking serious... its been proven to me all across the eastern seaboard highways, midwest highways and even southwestern USA highways. Hills cause fucking major traffic. It doesn't even need to be fucking big hills either... even slight inclines will cause major traffic

For all you NYC drivers think about the times you've driven to the bronx/hudson river areas) from manhattan on the Hudson river parkway and it was bumper to bumper stop and go traffic and then realized that there was no accident or loss of lanes what-so-ever by the time you get to the bronx. it was the slight incline before the bridges that caused it.

the obvious thing is that drivers slow down going up hill and with enough cars it'll cause major traffic miles back - sadly if drivers maintained speed going into the hill (with the understanding that slowing down going up a hill will cause major traffic all this would be avoided.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012

14. blahman

blahman Senior member

NO
    FUCKING
    WAY
    !

15. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Variation on a theme: waiting in line at the supermarket checkout. Long queue. Operator scans items of person up front who's had minutes to prepare for the transaction. Operator says 'That'll be $x please' .

Customer looks at operator like she's just been asked to whistle dixie and hop on one leg - 'Say what? oh yeah, i'm in a shop! whaddaya know, I gotta pay money here' and proceeds to rummage thru handbag, find purse, go thru 50 credit cards ...

Public transport queues it's even more frustrating.