• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a bit different from the Rogers and Hammerstein depiction?

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is entirely accurate. It was 30° with some windchill. There were maybe five flakes of snow. Our cleaners canceled citing safety issues, the streets were deserted, my wife went to the office and there was nobody there?

IMG_0324.jpeg

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is entirely accurate. It was 30° with some windchill. There were maybe five flakes of snow. Our cleaners canceled citing safety issues, the streets were deserted, my wife went to the office and there was nobody there?

View attachment 2112507

here everything is still icebound and it just started in with the freezing rain again , i saw a guy with crampons and ski poles hike down my street . it's all supposed to be different tomorrow but it's day 5 now . my robe could really use laundering at this point .

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 2112507
I flew all the way to Chicago for a big meeting today...They cancelled it at like 10pm last night because it is cold today (admittedly colder than Atlanta, but like...it is 3F right now, that's fine) and moved the whole thing to Zoom.

The only people actually in the office are the out of towners, who mostly came from warmer places (including one from Atlanta). All the Chicago people, who should be fine with this ****, stayed home.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I visited my family one year, probably in the early '80s in Baton Rouge for Christmas. They had just had an ice storm followed by record low temps. I spent most of my time crawling around under my relatives houses in ice slushy mud replacing burst water pipes. At least they built the older houses there with a pretty good bit of space under them so I didn't have to belly crawl.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
update :

school closed today due to unavailable staff and iffy power . weirdly it's like 40 degrees F outside but everything is still super icy and sloppy .

we're supposed to get back to regularly scheduled programming this afternoon or evening . typically the winter here is sort of mediterranean-on-steroids , quite mild temps like 50s . even when it was cold the temps weren't terrible ( like 20 degrees ) but all the precip was frozen and just kept accumulating so everything got super hazardous . will be nice to turn the page

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely excited to read all the new threads about coat hangers in Noida, wherever that is.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely excited to read all the new threads about coat hangers in Noida, wherever that is.
Noida is a small city right outside of Delhi. I know this because my company used to have a 3rd party outsource team in Noida.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm considering hiring the voodoo spell spam guy to curse all the other spam people. That at least would just leave one...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads