• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey, I just call them like I see 'em.

Murdoch's people do this intentionally. They are sensational headlines made to make people go WTF (dragon-person's photo alone is totally worthy of this thread), but they choose these stories and amplify certain details because they are pushing an agenda.

Often the articles themselves aren't even that bad because they know the people they are trying to rile up won't read the whole thing. E.g. the dragon article ends on a fairly positive note, but that is buried after a bunch of pictures and the link to the comments...
...or when you actually read the Aretha Franklin article you realize it is about some random twitter account with 2000 followers (so not actually newsworthy) and they can't even decide if it is satire or not. Spotify probably wasn't even aware of their "request" to remove the song.

The only reason they run that story is so people will see the headline, see it as evidence of some kind of out of control woke culture, and get mad enough to drool through more Fox News.

They write them like this because it makes it harder to call them our: reading any single article all the way through doesn't seem that insidious...but they know their true audience won't read them and will just absorb the headlines/photos as part of a broader pattern of propaganda.

You can call 'em whenever you want to.

The Post is one of my local papers...living in NYC. I read various news platforms from all around the world every day and click on the Post's link multiple times daily.

I really don't care that RM is the owner and there is an agenda.

Some of the articles make me say...Why would you do that? Some get me hibbeldy. Some I just don't get.

It has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with transgender issues/debates/etc.

When the transgender college swimmer competed with girls and beat all of them, that got me hibbeldy! They have very right to choose to be whatever they like. I just get hibbeldy that someone born as a male can compete with females and pretty much beat them all....and then stands up smiling when they receive their award, especially when they were mediocre against other males.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Orris

Reaction score
im cursed im a bills, sabres, and knicks fan. well im a yankees fan too so i guess it evens it out

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whelp there's goes my morning you ruined my day I have PTSD from watching my yankees play you guys.

I was loving it!

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But potatoes aren’t fruit…!!

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i feel it's a matter of time all before styfo posts are just strings of asterisks

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some years ago a corporate genius decided we should tether a gigantic helium balloon around 200ft up at one of the rental properties.
This thing took half a cylinder of helium to fill, and back then it was over $100 a tank to fill.
I told them what would happen, and the first day it was fatally shot.
I patched it, refilled, and the next day it was shot to pieces.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads