• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things you just don't get

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People also used to be more willing to hang out in the front. Now they want to avoid being seen by anyone it seems.

Like I would never design a place with a front porch... What are you gonna do? Sit in a swinging chair and read a book? Why not do it on a back deck?
Because you need a clean, level killing field...
1627659964261.png

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
locally anyways, grass happens to be the most bulletproof cover available, just how the climate here shakes out. so yeah a lot of 'sea of green' yards.

i'd personally rather have privacy so we are flipping most of the lawn in front to fruit production with a little patch of grass for summer fun. most of the entertaining / fun outdoor spaces will be in back kind of a three season deal.

also: it can be worth thinking a bit about setbacks for the sake of the street. i wouldn't mind having the house more or less on the lot line in front but that public environment is really governed by setbacks. is also nice to have different exposures to work with.

my TIDG in this vein is the blurred neighbor lot line. the first convo i had with the one neighbor was 'hey who's gonna cut this grass since we share a patch basically my response was 'oh yeah i'm blowing this grass out imminently so do whatever you want with yours' so now her adjacent turf is brown since i pulled the irrigation. we also have a common ground drain off our roof gutters on that side it's not ideal

Last edited:

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because you need a clean, level killing field...
View attachment 1646499
This story was notable for being the last one that got poasters to cross party lines.

Piob kept on banging on about how he was willing to use lethal force to defend the Piob Palace.

Reggs kept on banging on about how the guy was gripping the gun all wrong and was putting himself and his wife in danger.

I forget what side I took.

After this, everything became partisan warfare and the bans were handed down.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I also don’t get the word “charcuterie”

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Having an AR-15 pointed at you must be such a singularly frightening experience. Nevertheless, that guy is such a dork that i think i would just start laughing

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Piobaire -- You got it, champ.

This won't be popular, but depending on how things were playing out there, I have zero problems with the armed folks other than the woman pointing her gun at people. If that was a crowd of chanting folks trespassing, given recent events, it is totally reasonable to have concerns and/or fears for obviously wealthy white folks for such a group to show up on their lawns in this manner. The homeowners in question were not handling things in the best manner to diffuse the thought of the protestors doing something more criminal than trespassing, but again, if that was a chanting mob purposely trespassing on my property? I would not be outside flashing guns, as that's a great way to provoke, but I would have no issue taking extreme action if I thought my wife's safety was in question.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
So let's dissect my "banging on" about "defending the Piob Palace" with lethal force, shall we?

I say the gun toters handled things badly. I say I would not be outside myself flashing guns as that's a good way to provoke the crowd. I say I would protect my wife if push came to shove. No mention of the Piob Palace.

Yup, definitely banging on about shooting people over the Piob Palace.

Sport.

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So let's dissect my "banging on" about "defending the Piob Palace" with lethal force, shall we?

I say the gun toters handled things badly. I say I would not be outside myself flashing guns as that's a good way to provoke the crowd. I say I would protect my wife if push came to shove. No mention of the Piob Palace.

Yup, definitely banging on about shooting people over the Piob Palace.

Sport.
You are using Mrs. Piob here as a thinly veiled proxy for the Piob Palace. Let's get into the meat of it.

HYPO:

Your wife is safely out of the country, and you're home alone megapoasting on SF. You hear some noise outside and you look out the window. You can see an unruly, communist mob is clearly beating a path to the Piob palace and that they mean business. They are armed with blackjacks, baseball bats, and one even has a machete. It's clear none of them have a gun though. In roughly five minutes they'll be at your door. Next to you is a fully loaded AK-47 and a Glock because reasons. But you're also about 1-2 minutes from your Benz and can GTFO. Do you:

A) GTFO
B) Defend the Piob Palace

All your poasts suggested that you stand tall on this one, champ. Which one is it?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
You are using Mrs. Piob here as a thinly veiled proxy for the Piob Palace. Let's get into the meat of it.

HYPO:

Your wife is safely out of the country, and you're home alone megapoasting on SF. You hear some noise outside and you look out the window. You can see an unruly, communist mob is clearly beating a path to the Piob palace and that they mean business. They are armed with blackjacks, baseball bats, and one even has a machete. It's clear none of them have a gun though. In roughly five minutes they'll be at your door. Next to you is a fully loaded AK-47 and a Glock because reasons. But you're also about 1-2 minutes from your Benz and can GTFO. Do you:

A) GTFO
B) Defend the Piob Palace

All your poasts suggested that you stand tall on this one, champ. Which one is it?
LOL. Go jack off Foo.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol at self-defenders. Hire Kroll and they will set you up with military-grade drone coverage and a couple of sniper nests.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.