• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things you just don't get

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To save weight? Race cars hole out wheel spokes and shift levers for that reason...

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To save weight? Race cars hole out wheel spokes and shift levers for that reason...
I assume that it's so you can hang your meat cleaver on a hook, as a proper cleaver is a bit too big to easily fit in a drawer or a knife block.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
If you get it stuck in the bone of your victim what you're cleaving, you can pass something through it to aid in pulling it cleanly out.

double00

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
speed holes, same reason tactical zombie machetes have those holes down the blade

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just asked to return and for a refund on something I bought on Amazon. I went through the website to return it and they gave me a message that the refund will issue and I DO NOT have to return the item. The fuck?

Screenshot 2020-10-01 102407.png

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just asked to return and for a refund on something I bought on Amazon. I went through the website to return it and they gave me a message that the refund will issue and I DO NOT have to return the item. The fuck?

View attachment 1469102
I've had that happen a few times, mostly on things where it's not worth it to ship the item back to the seller. One time, though, it was for a whole case of candy (Airheads, I think) that we had over-ordered for a youth outing. I think the case was like 30-40 bucks, but because it was a food item they didn't want it back. I felt kind of bad for getting the refund and then being told to keep the candy, but you only find out they don't want it back after you initiate the return.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1469102
I had that happen with them once...
I ordered a bar table set, and they sent me a pack of 3 end tables instead from the same company.
I called to tell them, and they said, "eh, keep them, we'll get the bar table set out to you today"

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had that happen with them once...
I ordered a bar table set, and they sent me a pack of 3 end tables instead from the same company.
I called to tell them, and they said, "eh, keep them, we'll get the bar table set out to you today"
Some of the online foam mattress companies have a return policy where you basically donate it to a thrift store, give them the receipt, and they refund you. They can probably claim the tax deduction and they don't have to deal with the insane shipping charge on returning the thing after it has fully inflated.

Also, grocery stores and similar places technically accept returns, but they just give you the money and throw the food away...this just cuts out the process of actually going to the store. Amazon knows if you are doing this too often and will just cut you off.

And believe me...you do NOT want to be cut off from shopping at amazon in our new modern world.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of the online foam mattress companies have a return policy where you basically donate it to a thrift store, give them the receipt, and they refund you. They can probably claim the tax deduction and they don't have to deal with the insane shipping charge on returning the thing after it has fully inflated.

Also, grocery stores and similar places technically accept returns, but they just give you the money and throw the food away...this just cuts out the process of actually going to the store. Amazon knows if you are doing this too often and will just cut you off.

And believe me...you do NOT want to be cut off from shopping at amazon in our new modern world.
It worked out great for me.
I Christmas gifted the table set to a good friend that had sad old furniture.
I was a goddam hero...

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That’s prolly what amazon will do if you tried to return your Locktober penis cage...refund and let you keep it

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought an open box sit to stand desk online, and it showed up without the actual motorized legs. The store couldn't figure out what went wrong and refunded me rather than ship a giant desk back (it is 66x30). Turns out there is basically one manufacturer for those legs for all brand, so I ordered new legs and wound up with a desk for about 80% off retail.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's