Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Yeah, I hate grocery shopping, so my goal is to grab what I need and get out quick. No time for observing what others are buying, and I certainly don't care what others think of my purchases.

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Hmmm, I usually linger for a few moments on the beer aisle and contemplate all the new offerings. I've taken the kids into the local Specs (liquor chain) a few times, but I think it kinda sends the wrong message to walk the aisles with a baby on one shoulder.

That said, I've learned that with the son...if he has enough time to look around, he'll soon start asking for things that I don't want him to have. So it's in my best interest to be brisk about getting through the store.

3. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

+1... grocery store "affluence" or "keeping-up-with-the-cart-Joneses" just sounds ridiculous to me.

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

hmmm... I make it a point to go at it alone whenever I need to do major, big-warehouse style grocery shopping. bringing along anyone would just lead to unnecessary spending, though my wife keeps wondering why I insist on going there alone.

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I moved into a new building last year and when everybody moved in and did a meet and greet in the back garden one of the common questions was where we shop for food.

6. MrG

MrG Senior member

+1 to both. Shopping is a chore to me, and it's best completed as quickly as possible. I don't have time to care what others buy, and I don't give a crap what they may think of what I'm buying.

7. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

This I don't get. Heck, I don't get current music in general- except some like Jonsi, Bon Iver, Explosions in the Sky, or maybe M83.

8. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Meaningless serial numbers printed on garments.
    [​IMG]
    Seems to be a lot of this at the moment...why?

9. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Welcome to like 6 years ago.

Last edited: May 11, 2012

10. MrG

MrG Senior member

People who rush to pull out in front of you, often cutting you off, only to do 10 under the speed limit when they get in front of you. Seriously, is being on the road I'm on so exciting that you need to hurry up and get there and then drive super slow so you can spend as much time as possible on it?

:laugh:

11. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

People who go through airport security and put on shoes and such as their scanned items come through rather than collecting them and then getting dressed elsewhere. They seem to be oblivious to the fact that they are holding up everyone. :fu:

12. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Nurse Jackie, why is it such crap. Edie Falco as an unfaithful, hard bitten, drug addicted nurse from Queens. Sounds great is actually crap.

13. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

plus to make it more realistic she'd have to be indian/jamaican/filipino.

I don't get why people assume that people in NYC are rude. I've only had 2-3 people be outright obnoxious rude to me living here for the past 3 years. I've had worse experiences in Philadelphia/Boston/San Francisco on more numerous occasions just visiting there. I've lived in Boston and SF for extended periods of time, and those cities are a lot more pushy and rude.

NYC inhabitants have actually been some of the nicer people in general. France is like that too, I was shocked at how nice people in France were to my wife and I.

Last edited: May 11, 2012

14. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Parisians are quite rude to start with but Paris is not France...

The rest of the country is quite friendly of you don't speak to their aces loudly in a foreign language..

15. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't think it is Paris. I think Paris gets a bad rap as does NYC because you have people for middle america and such going there and just experiencing a large city for the first time. I don't think it is endemic to certain cities, but just the pace and culture of urban areas en generale.