• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
so this is fine:

k2uip.jpg

but this makes national headlines:

XcfXM.jpg

:confused:

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those people I see in New York City with Great ******* Dane's.

It is a way of showing status and wealth. You don't own a Dane unless you live in a huge apt or a brownstone. For some, it's really not unlike wearing $500 shoes (except you can't fake living in a 2000 sq ft apt) like you can with buying used shoes, or shoes on a credit card. So, in that sense, owning a Great Dane is much more legit than SF. And yes, people dress up to show off to others, otherwise you'd be wearing a suit while sitting home reading a book.

Last edited:

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't get these small hotels/resorts that have decent to great facilities, and yet the service is mediocre at best. isn't investing on a good training program for the staff and hiring an experienced staff manager one of the cheapest thing to spend on if you're into this kind of business?

SeanathonHuff

Reaction score
^ I think the issue here is affecting attitudes of individuals on a long-term basis may be more difficult than finding a random investor to cover start-up costs. 100% in agreement, however.

Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't get these small hotels/resorts that have decent to great facilities, and yet the service is mediocre at best. isn't investing on a good training program for the staff and hiring an experienced staff manager one of the cheapest thing to spend on if you're into this kind of business?

Hasn't having a job in the hospitality trade always been a rather poorly paid type of employment? Probably why the service one often gets in hotels is so indifferent or just plain bad, and why any tips seem to be so gratefully received. I think high staff turnover is a common problem in the hospitality industry as well, no one really wants to do it for too long, it's not only the low pay but the waitering, cleaning rooms, unblocking toilets, portering and carrying heavy suitcases etc. Being a hotel bellhop is the kind of job one gets when one leaves school or to pay tuition fees, and then try and move-on if something better comes along.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It is a way of showing status and wealth. You don't own a Dane unless you live in a huge apt or a brownstone. For some, it's really not unlike wearing $500 shoes (except you can't fake living in a 2000 sq ft apt) like you can with buying used shoes, or shoes on a credit card. So, in that sense, owning a Great Dane is much more legit than SF. And yes, people dress up to show off to others, otherwise you'd be wearing a suit while sitting home reading a book.

I don't know, we can assume all day and night, but I think to assume them wealthy just because they have a giant dog is flawed. Some people just may not mind a huge dog in a smaller apartment. Like MikeDT said, they are rather lazy dogs.

Oh and the economy has shown us that you can indeed fake living in a 2000 sq/ft apartment, at least for some time. Like a really expensive vacation that leaves you homeless in the end.

I read books at home in a suit all the time.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Asian. My friends say that I am racist, which is bologna, but I am pretty much just physcially attracted to striaght-forward white chicks, euro-decent.

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't know, we can assume all day and night, but I think to assume them wealthy just because they have a giant dog is flawed. Some people just may not mind a huge dog in a smaller apartment. Like MikeDT said, they are rather lazy dogs.

Maybe those people think that the size of this dog is offset by how long it lives?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Maybe they just need a beating because it irritates me. I really just think that they think they are winning the new dog trend in the city. Oh yeah, and they try to pick up girls with them. And what makes me really mad... It works.

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hate great danes.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score

Why ????
It is just a bit of fun..

I know, but everybody and their grandmother are complaining that Raffi Torres, who dressed up as Jay-z for halloween, is a completely no good racist. But nobody cares about Tyler the Creator who clearly paints his face white. People actually praised his costume :plain: it's so stupid. I could care less about the racial implications of either, but why publicly out someone so unnecessarily?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads