• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things you just don't get

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just bought Charmin for probably the first time ever, because it was the only brand available.
Supposedly a lot of branded CPG prices have been blowing up recently.

Didn't happen at first since nobody wanted to look like they were gouging, but once everyone saw enough stories about costs going up and shortages further up the chain, it became an opportunity to drive prices up.

So I'm not at all surprised that food/household brands would be advertising heavily during this. Although since I don't really watch live TV or read magazines/newspapers, my exposure to CPG advertising is noticeably limited. The ads I see are all targeted online ads, and I'm into enough hobbies/clearly segmentable enough that the CPG companies must be easy to outbid for my attention. When adblock is turned off, most of the ads I see are either for climbing/biking/skiing gear, tools, or shoes.

double00

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hardboiled eggs may be the most gadgeted food ever, are they really that popular? or: really that much work?

mhip

Reaction score
People who make $2/3/400K+, are in charge of large departments and hundreds of millions at work, but can't pay their credit cards on time/in full because they're too unorganized/lazy. Just a really weird dichotomy.
I was a loan agent before the 2008 collapse.
I used to scratch my head at some of the apps. Paystubs that show ytd monthly averages of 10, 15, 20K a month, and they'd be calling in for 5K, 10K loans.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lifestyle creep.

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery." -- Dickens.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still can't figure if Elon Musk is the biggest genius or the biggest hoax of the last seven or eight decades.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So use surrogacy as a tool to abolish the family as a way to subvert capitalism?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Hydrofeminism?

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say she's trying to merge feminism with Thales' philosophy, but then he too obviously belongs to the swine raper males cathegory

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say she's trying to merge feminism with Thales' philosophy, but then he too obviously belongs to the swine raper males cathegory
it’s eugenics of 21th century, In the sense that Scholars we will look back in 100 years and go “yeah that idea was sort of retarded”.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think iOS autocorrect is passively trying to censor me. No matter how many times I write “fuck” and “fucking” it refuses to learn the word and autocorrect to it. Ducking Apple

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Thank you for that insight into incel philosophy, wojt.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.