• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things you just don't get

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s basically the house behind me and the neighbors down the street. My area is a mixture of yuppies in high rise town homes and OG residents who’ve been living there for 50 years.
Sounds kinda like my old neighborhood, except half the OG residents died and their kids sold the house to developers, who promptly tore them down and built 4000 sqft McMansions. Gentrification, but still no HOAs- best of both worlds?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really hard to compare apples to apples with HOA fees: large buildings have massive maintenance and insurance costs, for example, that Piob’s neighborhood doesn’t have. There may also be costs for amenities like 24 hour security, a gym / pool, etc.
Still, 1K/month per unit times n units= 'maintenance' and 'insurance' really going to be 10K/20K/30K a month?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

double00

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't forget Dr. Zog

i'm not a millennial, the 'gender-display' stuff is funny you'd think a dude can do the dishes and still bang the heck out of wifey. i feel like i'm in pretty good shape here

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
People who feel the need to say..."Happy Monday", etc each and every day. Just STFU!

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Economic physical effort expended in the performance of a necessary task is one of the most therapeutic things you can engage in. Zen masters refer to it as carrying water from the well.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Economic physical effort expended in the performance of a necessary task is one of the most therapeutic things you can engage in. Zen masters refer to it as carrying water from the well.
I quite enjoy ironing my shirts on the weekend. Put on some classical music, fill up the iron, and spend an hour in a meditative, repetitive activity.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
“Economic physical effort expended in the performance of a necessary task” - - I think spending 2 pumps servicing wife fits this description

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't forget Dr. Zog

i'm not a millennial, the 'gender-display' stuff is funny you'd think a dude can do the dishes and still bang the heck out of wifey. i feel like i'm in pretty good shape here
Like I’ve said before in another thread, doing the dishes is how I get laid.

I do almost all of the cooking. I do at least 50% the dishes. I do all the grocery shopping. I hate yardwork (even though that’s a traditionally male thing). I don’t always make the bed but I try. I don’t clean consistently but when I do it I am obsessive. (Basically she does the everyday cleaning and I do the deep cleaning.) The hardest part about laundry is folding, and we go Dutch on that. I don't know who actually starts loads more, probably her because she doesn't like the baskets overflowing.

But in the end for most relationships it’s all a game of chicken. Whoever has the highest standards is going to give in first, and that’s usually the woman.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.