• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things you just don't get

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
“Mystery cookies from otc’s mom” sounds like code for something.

An easily breakable code.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
If “mystery cookies from other countries” = “camel dung” to you, you need to travel more.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
HOA fees that are like $1K a month. TF are you even paying for. Sometimes the HOA fee is like 30%+ of the actual mortgage/rental payment

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Ours are $234 a quarter.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Really hard to compare apples to apples with HOA fees: large buildings have massive maintenance and insurance costs, for example, that Piob’s neighborhood doesn’t have. There may also be costs for amenities like 24 hour security, a gym / pool, etc.

That said anyone who doesn’t think three times before paying those fees should have their head examined.

double00

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in a building i could see it since you don't have an exterior envelope to maintain privately, frankly have never seen the value in median landscaping

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just bought something from Amazon (a non-prime seller), and it showed up directly from Home Depot. The Home Depot price was about 20% more than Amazon.

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No HOA’s for me. I live in an unregulated part of Houston. It’s great that I’m walking distance within a bunch of bars.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yeah, but wait until I buy the house next door and set three old pick ups on blocks.

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but wait until I buy the house next door and set three old pick ups on blocks.
That’s basically the house behind me and the neighbors down the street. My area is a mixture of yuppies in high rise town homes and OG residents who’ve been living there for 50 years.

double00

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No HOA’s for me. I live in an unregulated part of Houston. It’s great that I’m walking distance within a bunch of bars.
awesome considering your three trucks are sitting on cinder blocks in dat front yard... or are you the yuppie?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.