• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things you just don't get

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
“Mystery cookies from otc’s mom” sounds like code for something.

An easily breakable code.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
If “mystery cookies from other countries” = “camel dung” to you, you need to travel more.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
HOA fees that are like $1K a month. TF are you even paying for. Sometimes the HOA fee is like 30%+ of the actual mortgage/rental payment

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Ours are $234 a quarter.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Really hard to compare apples to apples with HOA fees: large buildings have massive maintenance and insurance costs, for example, that Piob’s neighborhood doesn’t have. There may also be costs for amenities like 24 hour security, a gym / pool, etc.

That said anyone who doesn’t think three times before paying those fees should have their head examined.

double00

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in a building i could see it since you don't have an exterior envelope to maintain privately, frankly have never seen the value in median landscaping

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just bought something from Amazon (a non-prime seller), and it showed up directly from Home Depot. The Home Depot price was about 20% more than Amazon.

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No HOA’s for me. I live in an unregulated part of Houston. It’s great that I’m walking distance within a bunch of bars.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yeah, but wait until I buy the house next door and set three old pick ups on blocks.

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but wait until I buy the house next door and set three old pick ups on blocks.
That’s basically the house behind me and the neighbors down the street. My area is a mixture of yuppies in high rise town homes and OG residents who’ve been living there for 50 years.

double00

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No HOA’s for me. I live in an unregulated part of Houston. It’s great that I’m walking distance within a bunch of bars.
awesome considering your three trucks are sitting on cinder blocks in dat front yard... or are you the yuppie?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.