• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have several friends with 4Runners; every single one of them gets so bent out of shape if their vehicle is referred to as an SUV--"It's not an SUV; it's a truck". Looks like an SUV to me. :eh:
It’s because 4Runners are one of the last personal vehicles that are still built body-on-frame. Which truly makes them trucks - since those are all built body-on-frame as well.

SUV’s used to be built body-on-frame when their primary use was carrying cargo, going off-road and doing hardcore adventure stuff. Now that they’re mainly minivan and sedan replacements for on-road family use, almost all SUV’s are now unibody, or basically raised cars. Which means car nerds who take themselves too seriously are all bemoaning the ’pussification’ of the SUV and proudly seek out trucks like the 4Runner because they haven’t sold out.

SO - your takeaway from all this should be ‘boy, calling their vehicle an SUV really annoys car nerds who take themselves too seriously....i should constantly do this to annoy them constantly’. Which i fully endorse as a car nerd who enjoys annoying car nerds who take themselves too seriously.

brokencycle

Reaction score
It’s because 4Runners are one of the last personal vehicles that are still built body-on-frame. Which truly makes them trucks - since those are all built body-on-frame as well.

SUV’s used to be built body-on-frame when their primary use was carrying cargo, going off-road and doing hardcore adventure stuff. Now that they’re mainly minivan and sedan replacements for on-road family use, almost all SUV’s are now unibody, or basically raised cars. Which means car nerds who take themselves too seriously are all bemoaning the ’pussification’ of the SUV and proudly seek out trucks like the 4Runner because they haven’t sold out.

SO - your takeaway from all this should be ‘boy, calling their vehicle an SUV really annoys car nerds who take themselves too seriously....i should constantly do this to annoy them constantly’. Which i fully endorse as a car nerd who enjoys annoying car nerds who take themselves too seriously.

Is it peak SUV?

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to live in a post car world.

When and why did "Did you find everything okay?" become the new canned phrase that cashiers need to ask at every store in America? If I say no, are they going to rearrange the store layout when I leave? If I couldn't find something, I'd have asked while I was shopping around and not while I'm in a busy checkout line. Not a good phatic expression.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when i bagged at a grocery as a 14 year old i remember going to get stuff if somebody couldn't find/forgot something.

also: is Christopher Reeves still the best superman?

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when i bagged at a grocery as a 14 year old i remember going to get stuff if somebody couldn't find/forgot something.

also: is Christopher Reeves still the best superman?

Do you remember that OJ and Reeves joke?

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
used part of an Amazon gift card to get a paring knife. $39. it was fulfilled by a third party vendor and showed up in a prepaid USPS priority box (the big one that costs something like $10.75 to ship). How is anyone making money like this? I mean, maybe someone stole a massive shipment from the Wusthof factory--if so at least that would make sense.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Someone in the stall next to me is wearing camo Crocs, talking on the Phone in a a foreign language, and grunting.

Edit: maybe it is actually just accented grunty English.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They finished, flushed, stood up, turned around and started peeing. Wtf.

Also this is an office bathroom with coded entry... Other tenants floors have different codes. Who is this?

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy to figure out- do a lap of the office and look for a dude with invisible feet.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, what exactly is being offered here, and why to me?

:oops:

Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 5.31.35 PM.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads