• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dangnabbit i love sour beers so much. can't get enough of it. i dont have a friend in real life that likes them :(. more for me tho

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that dudes who drive the WRX aren't total assholes.

In NYC I've noticed that a ton of asshole drivers drive newer Nissan Maximas.

The most common "asshole in a maxima" moves are:

- pulling up to your right side at stop light then gunning it and undertaking you. forcing you to slow down and let them through when they aggressively merge left into your lane (when they are about to be pinned by parked cars on the street).

- rolling through bike lanes to move ahead of the line waiting at a red light.

Funny enough some asshole in a newer maxima cut me off today, only to stop like 3 seconds later. I live far from NYC though.

Lady Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand what happened to DT

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't get why people play badminton seriously... I mean, backyard on the 4th of July? fine... otherwise, tennis or GTFO.... :lol:

Yes tennis is sooo macho.

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dangnabbit i love sour beers so much. can't get enough of it. i dont have a friend in real life that likes them
frown.gif
. more for me tho

Somewhat-related rant:

Yeah, my one friend enjoys them. Nobody I've exposed them to does, though. He's a smart guy. He never bought into the IPA fad (not saying there's anything wrong with IPA's) and doesn't try to convince himself that Belgian experimentation is better than German refinement. He enjoys German wheat on an informed level and understands why they're so good. He also loves sour beers in general. A good German wheat has a mellow acidity and sourness that I love.

I think the problem with a lot of self-proclaimed beer connoisseurs, or those who claim to subscribe to a manufactured sense of subculture regarding "seasoned" drinkers, is that they fall into the trappings of many a wine drinker: Bullshitting. They latch on to and recite clichés and they bandwagon fads so that they seem knowledgeable. A lot of these people, in the American context, worship IPA's and disregard other styles. IPA's are an easy diagnosis. I don't know how many times I've wanted to head butt guys who dare to say that "German beer is overrated", and then they go on to justify this absurd statement by comparing small American and Belgian regional beers to German MACRO brews. This really bites my butt. Regional German beer truly is something to behold. Elegance and refinement instead of convoluted experimentation and shoddy mixtures that often don't cooperate or compliment.

Speaking of Belgians and sours, do you like Gueuze or Faro lambics?

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well. i just wish i had a person i could talk to beer about. it must be nice to have a conversation with "beer connoisseurs"

tbh i've never tried faros. pretty sure my local place doesnt have any faros.

love guezes tho. never had one i didnt like (so far i've only tried drie fonteinen, cantillon, boon, hanssens, and lindeman's). what's sad is there was twice an occasion where a gueze was on the beer list for a really excellent price (cantillon lou pepe for about retail) and none of my companions wanted to share a 750 of sour beer (and i have trouble finishing one by myself).

i recently went to ithaca's leblue release and that was great. delicious beer. there was good hype for it tbh i think it deserves it.

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You've actually experienced a lot more than I have, then. You must be well stocked where you live!

Last edited:

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score

I don't get why people play badminton seriously... I mean, backyard on the 4th of July? fine... otherwise, tennis or GTFO.... :lol:

they forced us to in gr.10 gym class and I was unreal. had a class tournament and I raped everybody

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While we're on the topic of sports that people don't take seriously enough...Throwing knives/axes.

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

While we're on the topic of sports that people don't take seriously enough...Throwing knives/axes.

Marbles and bowls...

Have you ever watch a game of bowls?

If you enjoy it , you must be in the antichamber of death..

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Somewhat-related rant:

[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]Yeah, my one friend enjoys them. Nobody I've exposed them to does, though. He's a smart guy. He never bought into the IPA fad (not saying there's anything wrong with IPA's) and doesn't try to convince himself that Belgian experimentation is better than German refinement. He enjoys German wheat on an informed level and understands why they're so good. He also loves sour beers in general. A good German wheat has a mellow acidity and sourness that I love.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]I think the problem with a lot of self-proclaimed beer connoisseurs, or those who claim to subscribe to a manufactured sense of subculture regarding "seasoned" drinkers, is that they fall into the trappings of many a wine drinker: Bullshitting. They latch on to and recite clichés and they bandwagon fads so that they seem knowledgeable. A lot of these people, in the American context, worship IPA's and disregard other styles. IPA's are an easy diagnosis. I don't know how many times I've wanted to head butt guys who dare to say that "German beer is overrated", and then they go on to justify this absurd statement by comparing small American and Belgian regional beers to German MACRO brews. This really bites my butt. Regional German beer truly is something to behold. Elegance and refinement instead of convoluted experimentation and shoddy mixtures that often don't cooperate or compliment.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]Speaking of Belgians and sours, do you like Gueuze or Faro lambics?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

This describes The Official Beer Thread.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

well. i just wish i had a person i could talk to beer about. it must be nice to have a conversation with "beer connoisseurs"
tbh i've never tried faros. pretty sure my local place doesnt have any faros.
love guezes tho. never had one i didnt like (so far i've only tried drie fonteinen, cantillon, boon, hanssens, and lindeman's). what's sad is there was twice an occasion where a gueze was on the beer list for a really excellent price (cantillon lou pepe for about retail) and none of my companions wanted to share a 750 of sour beer (and i have trouble finishing one by myself).
i recently went to ithaca's leblue release and that was great. delicious beer. there was good hype for it tbh i think it deserves it.

One too many perhaps, or is it just that beer is not interested in your friends?

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Marbles and bowls...
Have you ever watch a game of bowls?
If you enjoy it , you must be in the antichamber of death..

Watching sure, but playing? Darts, Billiards, Bowls, Bowling and Golf in that order are the best sports/games to play because you can get hammered whilst playing them (and it makes you play better).

Sirryacus

Reaction score
Funny enough some asshole in a newer maxima cut me off today, only to stop like 3 seconds later. I live far from NYC though.

I don't think its a maxima thing, you can see these type of idiots in any car, anywhere in the usa, these new york city dwellers would have a heart attack at the frequency of such events in places with less skyscrapers to huddle the motorists in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads