Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

dangnabbit i love sour beers so much. can't get enough of it. i dont have a friend in real life that likes them :(. more for me tho

2. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

Funny enough some asshole in a newer maxima cut me off today, only to stop like 3 seconds later. I live far from NYC though.

3. Lady Canuker

Lady Canuker Senior member

I don't understand what happened to DT

4. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Yes tennis is sooo macho.

5. death shot

death shot Senior member

Somewhat-related rant:

Yeah, my one friend enjoys them. Nobody I've exposed them to does, though. He's a smart guy. He never bought into the IPA fad (not saying there's anything wrong with IPA's) and doesn't try to convince himself that Belgian experimentation is better than German refinement. He enjoys German wheat on an informed level and understands why they're so good. He also loves sour beers in general. A good German wheat has a mellow acidity and sourness that I love.

I think the problem with a lot of self-proclaimed beer connoisseurs, or those who claim to subscribe to a manufactured sense of subculture regarding "seasoned" drinkers, is that they fall into the trappings of many a wine drinker: Bullshitting. They latch on to and recite clichés and they bandwagon fads so that they seem knowledgeable. A lot of these people, in the American context, worship IPA's and disregard other styles. IPA's are an easy diagnosis. I don't know how many times I've wanted to head butt guys who dare to say that "German beer is overrated", and then they go on to justify this absurd statement by comparing small American and Belgian regional beers to German MACRO brews. This really bites my butt. Regional German beer truly is something to behold. Elegance and refinement instead of convoluted experimentation and shoddy mixtures that often don't cooperate or compliment.

Speaking of Belgians and sours, do you like Gueuze or Faro lambics?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

well. i just wish i had a person i could talk to beer about. it must be nice to have a conversation with "beer connoisseurs"

tbh i've never tried faros. pretty sure my local place doesnt have any faros.

love guezes tho. never had one i didnt like (so far i've only tried drie fonteinen, cantillon, boon, hanssens, and lindeman's). what's sad is there was twice an occasion where a gueze was on the beer list for a really excellent price (cantillon lou pepe for about retail) and none of my companions wanted to share a 750 of sour beer (and i have trouble finishing one by myself).

i recently went to ithaca's leblue release and that was great. delicious beer. there was good hype for it tbh i think it deserves it.

7. death shot

death shot Senior member

You've actually experienced a lot more than I have, then. You must be well stocked where you live!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012

8. loreley

loreley Senior member

I just laugh at this. Try it.

9. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

they forced us to in gr.10 gym class and I was unreal. had a class tournament and I raped everybody

10. death shot

death shot Senior member

While we're on the topic of sports that people don't take seriously enough...Throwing knives/axes.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012

11. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Marbles and bowls...

Have you ever watch a game of bowls?

If you enjoy it , you must be in the antichamber of death..

12. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

This describes The Official Beer Thread.

13. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

One too many perhaps, or is it just that beer is not interested in your friends?

14. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Watching sure, but playing? Darts, Billiards, Bowls, Bowling and Golf in that order are the best sports/games to play because you can get hammered whilst playing them (and it makes you play better).

15. Sirryacus

Sirryacus Senior member

I don't think its a maxima thing, you can see these type of idiots in any car, anywhere in the usa, these new york city dwellers would have a heart attack at the frequency of such events in places with less skyscrapers to huddle the motorists in.