Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. MrG

MrG Senior member

No, it hasn't. As JayJay notes (and I +1ed), there may be myriad causes for the difference, but it exists.

2. death shot

death shot Senior member

Yes, and no.

Actually, it has been debunked. Debunked politically because the reasons proposed were entirely fictitious and intentionally omitted huge factors involving the behaviors and attitudes of men and women regarding the workplace. Yeah, a gap exists. Is it fair? That depends. There's a gap, but not based on the systematic oppression of women in the workplace. Maybe before, but not now. Statistics are fishy like that. I can probably statistically prove that turtles are faster than rabbits and that dudes who drive the WRX aren't total assholes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012

3. death shot

death shot Senior member

I just don't get this. Help.

4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

In NYC I've noticed that a ton of asshole drivers drive newer Nissan Maximas.

The most common "asshole in a maxima" moves are:

- pulling up to your right side at stop light then gunning it and undertaking you. forcing you to slow down and let them through when they aggressively merge left into your lane (when they are about to be pinned by parked cars on the street).

- rolling through bike lanes to move ahead of the line waiting at a red light.

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Agreed, most of them are Latino, or "natives".

6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I wish I could say that was racist... but sadly tis so very true in my experience. I really don't get it... its the Maxima that fun of a car to drive - that it turns the average jose into a fucking asshole driver?

7. patrickBOOTH

I would say that 95% of drivers in NYC are fucking assholes.

8. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Is NYR driving in NY?

9. patrickBOOTH

Fuck him, too.

10. death shot

death shot Senior member

I've noticed this, too. It's always been Maxies, WRX, Acuras, and Civics around here. They usually have really ugly aftermarket body kits on them and cheap custom exhaust.

Someone asked if the maxima is fun to drive. My answer to that is, it's okay. Most of the dirt bags you see rolling around in them mod them a bit. IMO they're not the greatest ride in the world, and they usually make matters worse by focusing on sporting the shit out of them. Paging Dr. Freud. They don't seem to realize that there's more to speed than speed.

I just purchased the best car from the tail end of Saab's career and, by far, my favorite car yet. The 2007 9-3. I bought the 2.0t because the Aero was a little out of my range for a commuter. I've driven both though, and I can say that while my car is actually shockingly fast for a 210 horses 4 cylinder, the 6 cylinder Aero 9-3 from that year is nuts. This is a great car. A nice fluxus between sport and luxury suspension. Great handling, minimal turbo lag, fast. Great standard features, sturdy, nice interior, stylish and low-profile. Just the best bang for your buck. Saab was a great company of uncompromising integrity. It's really fucking sad that they're gone now. Today I somehow got into it with a dude in a 5 series and I dusted him. I didn't expect that at all. He might not have known how to handle the wonder that is the Bimmer, though.

I'm from Baltimore, where all shades are guilty of this shit. I can honestly say that where I live now (DC area) your perspective definitely rings true.

11. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I don't get why people play badminton seriously... I mean, backyard on the 4th of July? fine... otherwise, tennis or GTFO.... :lol:

12. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I've played "serious" badminton back in the 90s to the early 00s, and it is an intense and fast-paced sport, all kidding aside.

13. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Senior member

People who stand at bars... who the hell enjoys standing and drinking?

It seems there are people who frequent bars that they know will be packed, and yet willingly, even cheerfully, go anyway to order a drink through a phalanx of people to stand and drink uncomfortably....

14. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

My friends were disappointed when I got them floor tickets to Wiz concert, they wanted to sit in stands and I felt like they were foreign species to me. :confused:

15. death shot

death shot Senior member

Doea anybody here like sour beer? Like flemish sours and or berliner weisse? People don't like them and i don't understand. I like them.