Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

Because there aren't any. Everyone knows the Dutches don't have the hand-eye coordination to play baseball.

2. Dr. Class

Dr. Class Member

Ugh

3. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Why is there an Emoji movie. Why would anyone pay money to go see an Emoji movie.

4. double00

double00 Senior member

hater. this 'call' is a broadcast classic:

5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I've been watching those food shows where the host goes to remote nations of Earth and eats their cuisines. The host is always like "What a sacred meal this is of which I am so endowed with grace of which to partake of. This nutriment, it brings the numinous itself into manifestation, comparable only to the meditative experience of Buddha nature consciousness of sunyata. On behalf of my people--the people of America, of the United States thereof--I give my humble thanks for this meal of cherish." And then the native guy is like "Uhh, it's just basically a fried trout it's like regular food."

6. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

7. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

Life jacket or no, it has to be just a bit unnerving being miles off the shore of Lake Michigan in the middle of the night.

8. otc

otc Senior member

I've done the Mac once, but it has been a few years. My coworker is still drifting out there though...sounds like a brutal race this year. Saturday night a storm rolls in and gives you a hell of a night. Probably had the whole crew up and on the rail all night getting bounced around and splashed....nobody sleeping down below. Now I look at the race tracker and they are drifting around the Manitou islands in almost zero wind....at least when you have a stormy race, you'd think it means you get to finish early and start the party!

What I can't believe is that there were people out there not wearing life jackets... it is 1AM and storming and you don't put the god damned PFD on? I'd be wearing that thing and clipped to the jack-lines. Actually, I am pretty sure this race even has a mandatory PFD rule when on deck at night.

I feel a bit of Karmic joy seeing that the Amway president's giant boat filled with paid professional sailors got thrashed and had to pull out of the race though...