Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Use it to give your next hooker a 40% tip.

2. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Sadly, my hookers charge much more than $10.

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Do they usually have change on them? Like if you gave them a $10 and a $5 would they give you a $1?

4. Harold falcon

I've never asked. Taking dirty bills from strange women is a recipe for disaster. Who knows what kinds of germs are present on those dollars in her filthy pocketbook.

5. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

No clue what that is, but he will fart, sniff his bum and leave, as he can't take the smell.

6. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

My dog farted himself awake, then started growling at his anus. It was funny enough to almost make the horrendous smell tolerable.

7. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

He did that the other day, so funny.

8. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

15 bills for a hooker you fucking baller.

9. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

one variable gets smaller while the other gets bigger... so, smaller dog, bigger farts! :happy:

10. death shot

death shot Senior member

Is that like Sandra Bernhard and previously shat-upon Chelsea Handler? Uglier face/bigger mouth, more stale and malodorous routine?

[​IMG]

Which brings me to something else that I don't get... Insult comics. Look, that's an easy routine. They're never clever or funny. They're not insulting because they're too gimmicky. It's the easiest act in the book and somehow they always find an audience, usually by popping to some cheap every-man political schtick.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012

11. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Freakin' voice mails. I can see I have a missed call from you, I do not give a shit what about. I will call you back (or most likely not) Now you;ve just given me a pointless chore.

Sugar free maple syrup (sounds as bad as vagina free sex)

12. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Insult comics can be hilarious. its just uncomfortable watch sometimes - but thats the whole point. Insult stand up comedy is basically the free form Jazz of comedy.

Louie CK and Chris Rock both have stand up acts based on viciously insulting people. They copped their shtick from Carlin who was the master of insult comedy. There is comedy gold to be had from insulting social norms (Carlin) and the new school of insulting norms then turning it on its head (Louie CK on insulting his own daughters for being assholes, stupid, worthless, as children - children usually being off topic for standup) or insulting the obvious (blacks vs Nigg**s bit from chris rock) that everyone is too afraid to broach upon.

if anything the roast comedies made such a comeback because the 90's-2000's became too politically correct - so ripe for insulting based comedy to come back strong.

Sure comics like Brian Regan, Jim Gaffigan, Jim Jefferies, and newer ones like Hanibal Burress can pull off observational humor to awesome levels, but have you ever youtube'd their live club clips? they'll still use insult comedy a lot because its practically the basis of stand up. even Mitch Headburg would do it.

here's something I don't get: why the fuck are groups like GLAAD attacking stand up comics like Tracy Morgan? Once you start censoring stand up comedians by being thin skinned and reactionary you begin cheapening your own cause.

13. Harold falcon

The reason they're doing it is because they need to attack someone. Groups like Glaad exist only as long as they can create a problem to generate funding. If no one is insulting gays then they cease to exist and would have to go out and get real jobs. So they look for anything they can find. Look at the front page of their website, it's all cries to get offended about something. Tracy just happened to be the guy they caught on an otherwise slow news month. It's a shame he had to apologize, which I find much more offensive than anything he actually said.

14. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Put it toward a drink, if we ever end up grabbing one.

15. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Why are the small round tables in restaurants always so goddamn wobbly? Do any of these places own a fucking wrench?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012