Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

For Harvey:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

p.s QC sucks.​

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have a friend that I met through a mutual friend and I was invited to her brithday get together at some bar. Well, as it turns out all of her friends were "skinheads". But not in the sense that most people think of them. I don't really understand it, but apparently it has nothing to do with racism. They all had on a lot of Fred Perry, that is the only thing that stood out. That and the fact that they didn't make any attempt to hold a conversation to the suited guy...

A few weeks ago I went to visit my father in Jersey. He took me into the garage to show me what he'd done to his motorcycle. He installed red LED's all over it. It looked like a fucking UFO. As if a motorcycle isn't obnoxious by itself.

3. oneeightyseven

man, skinhead culture is actually pretty fucking cool. rough and tough drunks ftw

4. patrickBOOTH

All show no go.

5. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

It was just a craze or fad wasn't it? Something you either get or don't get. Like teds, mods, rockers, punks, emos, chavs, etc. Non of that stuff really floated my boat.

:lol: :brick:

6. patrickBOOTH

I said something to my girlfriend that sort of pissed her off a few months ago. She has this good friend who is goth. She is almost 30 and goth. I don't remember what I said specifically, but I alluded to people who don't grow out of that shit are really immature and out of touch and should really grow up. I mean I was a punk rocker with spiked purple hair. I was 14, not a grown man. Acts of rebellion by conforming to some image is a huge eyeroller to me.

7. patrickBOOTH

I met a guy last summer whose name was Lightning. Like, it was his real name. On his ID and all. He said that his mother the night before she gave birth had a vision of God telling her to name him that. She didn't want to fuck with that so named him Lightning.

It was really funny when he introduced himself to me he had this slightly jaded, embarrassed look on his face, like, "Hi, I'm *sigh* uh, Lightning :rolleyes: "

8. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

It's rather an oxymoron, one thinks.

9. MrG

MrG Senior member

Bro, if you think honeydew is just for show, you're eating the wrong honeydew. It's, by far, my favorite non-lady melon.

10. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Ok, so looks like I lost the bet to Fang66 and White/Asian. Fang gets $4 and White gets $1. Please pm me your paypal email addresses and I'll make payment out right away.

11. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Cantaloupe owns you. Maybe things are different in Gee-orgia. I am usually preoccupied with the peaches to notice the rest of the harvest.

Speaking of food, I don't get the people obsessed with expiration dates. I prefer the pragmatic approach, rely on your senses. If it smells bad, looks weird, tastes strange, or feels bizarre when rubbed on your junk, it is no good. This girl tossed 2 dozen eggs that expire today, eggs are the worst thing to go by expiration dates. I've eaten eggs 2 months past their prime and they were the same as fresh ones. I don't know why this angers me but it does.

12. oneeightyseven

[​IMG]

13. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Too late, good sir.

14. MrG

MrG Senior member

I gotta disagree with ya on that. I don't have anything against the cantaloupe, but it can't hold a candle to good honeydew. Though I do agree that mediocre cantaloupe is much tastier than mediocre honeydew, and the range of acceptability for cantaloupe is considerably broader than that of honeydew.

And, yeah, peaches > both. Just a couple of months until peak peach season, which means I get to drive outside of town, stop by the side of the highway, and pick up a ton for like five bucks. :drool:

I'm relatively picky about expiration dates. I.e., I'll push it a bit, but I won't go too far, especially given I have a toddler who eats that food. However, throwing away eggs on their date is absolutely absurd.

15. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

inverse variation?

a good, ripe honeydew is amazing. especially that soft inner part near the seeds... if ripe and chilled is certainly delicious. When I was a kid they had popsicles in melon flavors... honeydew, watermelon, cantaloupe... honeydew and cantaloupe were always the best!