• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm very polite as a smoker. If a kid is walking by I palm the smoke and keep it above head height. If I'm walking by someone (smoker or not) I drag while they're passing so all the smoke is going in, not out. I only smoke on benches removed from buildings, or where they put the ash tray (because thats where they want you to smoke).

People who sit on the bench next to me, or come near the ash tray, and cough, are assholes. I have a right to smoke, you have a right to not be near it. first come, first serve.

also, people who walk into my shop and start coughing. FFS its a cigar shop, what did you ******* expect? its even worse when I get a cigarette smoker complaining about the cigars.

We'd get along well. I agree that if you're smoking while standing outside or sitting on a park bench anti-smokers should go elsewhere, at least that's what I'd do. I'm not at all hostile toward smokers, but it does bother me when I see smokers who are not respectful of nonsmokers. I want to cry when I see people in cars smoking with young children sitting in the back seat.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I notice when they have children in the car with the windows up. Unfortunately, I see this often.

I try to respect the fact that all parents and children are different, so there aren't many times when I'll judge other parents, but I make an exception to that rule in this case. This is not OK at all.

I'm very polite as a smoker. If a kid is walking by I palm the smoke and keep it above head height. If I'm walking by someone (smoker or not) I drag while they're passing so all the smoke is going in, not out. I only smoke on benches removed from buildings, or where they put the ash tray (because thats where they want you to smoke).

People who sit on the bench next to me, or come near the ash tray, and cough, are assholes. I have a right to smoke, you have a right to not be near it. first come, first serve.

also, people who walk into my shop and start coughing. FFS its a cigar shop, what did you ******* expect? its even worse when I get a cigarette smoker complaining about the cigars.

This is how I was when I was a smoker. Very reasonable, in my opinion.

Last edited:

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do people like Shamrock shakes? I tried one once and threw it away because it tasted like cold toothpaste foam.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why do people like Shamrock shakes? I tried one once and threw it away because it tasted like cold toothpaste foam.

^ because its green bro.:teach:

I know this is an old Seinfeld bit, but I don't get why mint chocolate chip ice cream works. I ate a whole pint yesterday and loved every spoonful.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't believe I've ever had a Shamrock Shake, but I've been thinking of trying one for the novelty. Now I'm even more concerned that it will be a complete waste of money.

^ because its green bro.:teach:
I know this is an old Seinfeld bit, but I don't get why mint chocolate chip ice cream works. I ate a whole pint yesterday and loved every spoonful.

Chocolate and mint is one of my favorite combinations...

+1 to both of these. Mint chocolate chip is probably my favorite ice cream flavor.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't believe I've ever had a Shamrock Shake, but I've been thinking of trying one for the novelty.

I never eat @ McD's or fast food in general but I saw that commercial today and was thinking the same thing. Maybe it would be good with some booze.... Bailey's, whiskey, rum... something that goes with mint! :nodding:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I never eat @ McD's or fast food in general but I saw that commercial today and was thinking the same thing. Maybe it would be good with some booze.... Bailey's, whiskey, rum... something that goes with mint! :nodding:

When I was a kid, I loved March because McDonald's brought out the shamrock shakes; they were so good! Then as I got older, I became increasingly unable to digest dairy. :(

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't believe I've ever had a Shamrock Shake, but I've been thinking of trying one for the novelty. Now I'm even more concerned that it will be a complete waste of money.
+1 to both of these. Mint chocolate chip is probably my favorite ice cream flavor.

I had one for the first time ever recently, I do not recommend. It's a bunch of fake mint flavor and sugar mixed in a cup.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^I recall having one years ago when I lived in Virginia. I also recall hating it.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eggnog shakes are clearly the best seasonal MacDon's beverage. For when you want to get your conne on.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I don't get people that get pissed off when they see someone else getting VIP treatment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads