• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just can't understand...

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
+1. I will be unbelievably pissed if the Metro doesn't go out to the airport, I'm tired of commuting from Annapolis to Dulles sitting in traffic when I can just drive to New Carrollton and get on the train.

JB

And why does the Orange line not just continue up 50 to Annapolis?

b

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
love how this thread has turned into the transportation thread. Then again, it is the source of many of life's great frustrations.
lol8[1].gif

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
And why does the Orange line not just continue up 50 to Annapolis?

b

Why does Metro even exist if the train doesn't at least cover all of Maryland, Virginia, and the District? Now that gas will be 4 dollars a gallon I think all the DC area SF members need to ***** and whine at them. Effing Metro.

JB

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Metro can't afford to add and extend lines. Right now they're what, in need of about 440 mil just to update and maintain the system they currently have. I can't believe an all day pass has gone up to 7.50. ******* ridiculous.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
Metro can't afford to add and extend lines. Right now they're what, in need of about 440 mil just to update and maintain the system they currently have. I can't believe an all day pass has gone up to 7.50. ******* ridiculous.

I know Metro has a huge backlog of repairs, are running in the red, etc. My point is that I don't understand the governments' (Md, Va, Feds) not being willing to pony up the dough to make it a first class system. That means (to me) extending to Dulles, extending beyond New Carrollton, and adding a loop (or two) linking the outer stations.

b

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
**** YES!
I was sitting here snacking on Hazelnuts and Pecans....suddenly Cyprus Hill?

I can not understand it....but I love it.

Thanks Slim.

Any time, good sir. Anytime.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
People riding the subway who won't help people/tourists confused on the Subway.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
People riding the subway who won't help people/tourists confused on the Subway.

People on the subway that take up more than one seat.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Metro is the one train system that I used often whenever in the DC area. I would typically get a $6 one day pass and go where ever I liked - shopping in Chevy Chase, over to Sky Valet, etc. With the price increase and problems, I hope I don't have to resort to getting a taxi.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know Metro has a huge backlog of repairs, are running in the red, etc. My point is that I don't understand the governments' (Md, Va, Feds) not being willing to pony up the dough to make it a first class system. That means (to me) extending to Dulles, extending beyond New Carrollton, and adding a loop (or two) linking the outer stations.

b

Yeah, I understand your point, I just don't know where the money would come from. Especially with a lot of funds going towards the building of the new ICC, among other things.

Originally Posted by JayJay
The Metro is the one train system that I used often whenever in the DC area. I would typically get a $6 one day pass and go where ever I liked - shopping in Chevy Chase, over to Sky Valet, etc. With the price increase and problems, I hope I don't have to resort to getting a taxi.

Ditto. Except, I still pony up the cash for the metro (I don't like cabs). The price increase during peak hours is insane though.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, the woman on the metro who uses an umbrella sleeve as her wallet. WTF? She had her credit cards, id's and cash in there.

trajan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
1) I love the Aristocrats. The joke isn't the punchline; but, it is what builds up to it.
2) Mr. Chow is alright. I enjoyed Philippe better, even though I was drunk and puked in the bathroom. When I was at Mr. Chow in LA Paris Hilton (when she was with Paris) and Cheech Marin were both dining. The way they make the noddles and bang it around on the table may be considered entertainment to some.
3) Must be an HK thing.

From my own list...
-People that think Jessica Alba or Scarlet Johnason are pretty and/or good actresses.
-People who follow organized religon.
-People who micro manage.

I think both Jessica and Scarlet can't act well. However, Scarlet is beautiful of screen. It's mostly her face that does it for me.

--trajan

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I understand your point, I just don't know where the money would come from. Especially with a lot of funds going towards the building of the new ICC, among other things.

I know. It's depressing. There's a half billion needed over the next 5 years for maintenance alone.

The problem is that Metro has no dedicated funding source, unlike every other transit system in the country. I don't understand how it all works, but I hear over and over again that neither Md nor Va ponies up money to help out even though it serves their populace.

And the current feds don't help. DoT just nixed $900m in funding for the Dulles extension after, what appears to be, saying that everything was fine. That killed the project.

Taxis? The cabbies around here go in the "Things That Are Pissing You Off" thread. I cannot bear the lies, extortion, etc.

b

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taxis? The cabbies around here go in the "Things That Are Pissing You Off" thread. I cannot bear the lies, extortion, etc.
Don't forget the DC taxi "zones". They don't still have those do they? I've just given up the money to take the Metro rather than bother with cabs.

JB

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads