• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you have bought over and over

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are some things that you have rebought? I'm still someone who is very non-resistant to trends and I'm always changing but after joining some SF I think I'm starting to find a constant where I will start to rebuy certain articles of clothing.

Things I am thinking of rebuying are

Uniqlo Vintage Chinos (I really wish they had a navy)
Canvas sneakers (I'll probably get Purcells and PF Flyers in different colors)
Sperrys
A pair of 501 STF to beat around

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
underwear
socks
usually food cause I don't grow my own beef/chicken/pork
coffee

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of now.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a decent thread here, so I'll contribute

for me I've noticed that I keep repeatedly buying:

Alden shoes
Flat Head western/flannel shirts
Uniqlo socks (usually 3/$10) -I almost have a different pair for every day of the month
stuff from WWM

stuff that I buy often and end up returning are items from J Crew (looks so good online and in the catalogs but somehow often falls short)

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
derek and the dominos live at the fillmore

Ha ha. Same! I bought the thing when it first came out way back when on LP, and still have the LP. For some reason, I also have the expanded version on CD. I like the LP better.

I also keeping buying over and over The White Album (5 LP copies), Abbey Road (5 LP copies), Exile on Main Street (2 LP copies), Horses (3 LP copies), Sticky Fingers (2 LP copies), and The Modern Lovers (3 LP copies and 1 CD).

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
underwear
socks
usually food cause I don't grow my own beef/chicken/pork
coffee

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of now.

Thanks for taking some time to think about it though.

chethondo

Reaction score
Vans. I usually have to replace at the start of every summer.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Double IPAs and barley wine ales. I can't seem to get enough of these this time of year.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Ha ha. Same! I bought the thing when it first came out way back when on LP, and still have the LP. For some reason, I also have the expanded version on CD. I like the LP better.

I also keeping buying over and over The White Album (5 LP copies), Abbey Road (5 LP copies), Exile on Main Street (2 LP copies), Horses (3 LP copies), Sticky Fingers (2 LP copies), and The Modern Lovers (3 LP copies and 1 CD).

laugh.gif
i have a tendency to do it with multi-disc sets. stevie wonder's original musiquarium is in the lead right now at 7 copies. allman brothers at fillmore east is on like 3 or 4 now.
ffffuuuu.gif

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I love allman brothers at fillmore east. So far just have one LP copy though.

Other multiple copies: Kind of Blue (Miles Davis), Repeater (Fugazi), Katy Lied (Steely Dan), Blonde on BLonde (2 LPs, 1 stereo, 1 mono), Velvet Underground and Nico (4 LP copies and 1 CD!!, each different, e.g., stereo, mono, colored wax, cover art variation).

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OH yea and Uniqlo socks and underwear. I have finally seen the light. Their socks are AWESOME.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Everybody needs socks. They're almost as essential as barley wine ale.

jon bones

Reaction score
damn, looks like i need to check out some uniqlo socks
laugh.gif
i've given away so many damn copies of this book over the years and i always end up re-purchasing it. required reading for males.
high-fidelity_l.jpg
also, yayo and nuggets. na mean?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads