• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you can live without:

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon: the use of a lawnmower by your neighbor, followed by their leaf blower coming into action, followed by the high pressure water washer, followed by more lawnmowing, followed by more leafblowing, totaling over 3 hours of witnessed noise, (until you are done with your quiet gardening and decide to head for the state park to escape).

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
jesus, who taught you that?
laugh.gif

I once spent a few days in a tour bus with an Aussie band called Spiderbait. I learned a lot of great slang.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cell phones and blackberries

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
90% of the population
devil.gif

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Television. I'm sick of all the sitcoms/dramas/reality shows/pimp my whatevers that seem to be so popular. Actually there are a few shows I'd keep - namely half the shows on Adult Swim, a few shows on Comedy Central, some of the HBO and Showtime programs are decent, and I enjoy the documentaries on National Geographic, PBS, or Discovery as well. Mainstream popular music, aka Top 40. Nickelback, Lindsay Lohan, Kelly Clarkson, Jessica Simpson, 50 Cent, and all those other talentless marketing acts, I'm talking to you. Go out and find something you really like, instead of a song with a catchy beat that is fed to you everywhere you go. Modern Hip-Hop culture. Not real hip-hop culture, but the 'bling bling' lifestyle (in varying degrees) that the media is portraying all blacks as really living. It's the new stereotype and it's just as harmful as any stereotype in the past. The sad thing is that people from all backgrounds and cultures buy into it, when it's really this sick shallow consumerist idea. I F'n HATE the word 'bling'. Last, half the people I see walking around campus...the Abercrombie drones that I suppose represent the core shallowness that is the point of the three above rants.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Shut up, ya galah! Like that?
I just had to look this one up... hahaha! Well, there is my psittacine reference for the day, I am content. Well, not really; I could do without bloody bastards that key your car! The same night you bring it home! P.s. Labelking: I like that!

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dupe

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
I once spent a few days in a tour bus with an Aussie band called Spiderbait. I learned a lot of great slang.
Buy Me A Pony.

those guys were really popular late 90s. Saw them live a few times.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads