• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things to fill up an apartment

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As in sofas, stupid little trinkets, chairs, tables.

So far I know Muji, Crate and Barrel, Ikea, and the Moma Design store. I want a contemporary feel to my new place but since Ill be moving out in 2-3 years, I dont really care for real quality furniture/things since Ill just be tossing it away.

Any other places that I am missing, I really dont care if they are knockoffs either.

Thanks.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CB2 (Crate & Barrel's younger and hipper sibling)
West Elm

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Why would you want to fill your place with crap?

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
Why would you want to fill your place with crap?
Seriously. I look for every opportunity to get rid of ****. I bought a double ended kitchen utensil last week so I could discard a spatula.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
If you don't have **** inside your apartment then its just ******* empty. What's so bad about wanting to fill it with things?

You've bought into the lie!
The Man claims another victim.
plain.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
You've bought into the lie!
The Man claims another victim.
plain.gif

Ha! I'm not saying fill it with a bunch of useless ****. But he's asking about sofa's, chairs, tables, etc.. How is a home a home without those things?
confused.gif

turboman808

Reaction score
If you just want cheap junk you will throw out then go to a flea market. With the economy in the ******* you would be amazed at whats popping up in these places.

I finally went to take a look last Saturday, mainly because I have alot of **** I need to get rid of. But they were selling brand new bedroom sets for $300. I don't remember seeing sofas but I am sure they were there.

Really most of the stuff at Ikea, Crate and Barrel isn't any better then the stuff I saw there. Just you have to pay 5 times as much.

But hey if you are going to throw it out in a few years then this is a good route to take.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
The idea of "decorating" a home makes my head explode. I've never seen a decorated home that didn't look ridiculous.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Get some Danish furniture.

Or even better, get some used Danish furniture of Craigslist, Ebay or what ever. That way when you want to get rid of something you can just sell it and recoup your money or even make a profit.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
I dont really care for real quality furniture/things since Ill just be tossing it away.

But why?

Why not buy some nice stuff and keep it when you move, I 'll guarantee you that it will hold 10 times longer then cheap ****.

As Conne said get some mid century stuff and flip it, when you move, if you want new furniture.

cimabue

Reaction score
I have a rule. Except for art, everything must have utilitarian function. No crap for the sake of it. And it has to look good doing whatever it does. NOOOO brick-a-brack. **** becomes oppressive.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cimabue
I have a rule. Except for art, everything must have utilitarian function. No crap for the sake of it. And it has to look good doing whatever it does. NOOOO brick-a-brack. **** becomes oppressive.

+1... The very few purely "decorative" items I have are either art or items of superior materials/craftsmanship that represent a significant emotional and financial investment. The idea of something just standing there idly is something that hurts my head.

aizan

Reaction score
in this situation, i recommend yanking stuff out of the dumpster, not spending money on stuff you're planning on throwing out in 2-3 years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads