• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things to do in Florence, Italy

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to Italy tonight for ten days. The last leg of our trip is Florence for a work conference the wife is attending. Looking for suggestions on things to do solo during the day while she's attending lectures and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I will find that...was on my phone and in a rush to get something out before leaving in a few hours.

jfranci3

Reaction score
How many days in Florence? It's pretty darn easy to entertain yourself there. A good day or overnight trip to spend outdoors is the Cinque Terre, which you'll find all sorts of info on. For food/drinks, I'd cross the river from the tourist zone. There are a few nice places on the hill side of the river. I had a nice time at Flet; friendly local service.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be there 2 nights in Venice, 2 nights in Sienna, and 4 nights in Florence. The evenings in Florence will likely be occupied by having to do stuff with my wife's colleagues but the rest of the trip is open.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Purchase Uffizi tickets NOW, if you have any interest in visiting this museum.

jfranci3

Reaction score
Venice - wander and take up photography.

Sienna - one day in town, one day rental car trip to Lucca or Pisa / cinque terre.

Florence - Rest / recover, 2 days Florence, 1 day trip North of town to somewhere (Modena if you're a car guy or like olive oil and Balsamic Vinegar)

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the Cinque Terre hiking trails repaired / recovered from the damage a few years ago?

Ember

Reaction score
I would suggest you do the regular sight seeing but it could get quite tiring after a while. I tried out dining with BonAppetour. They have a website where travelers can book meals with locals who invite travelers for a meal at their home. This is also a good way to meet new friends and at the same time knowing their cultures. I loved it! It was fun, relaxed and a perfect thing to do in Italy.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
The drive through the winery road between sienna and Florence is lovely. Highly recommended.

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go see David and all the other Michelangelo sculptures. Then just eat yourself silly -- Florence is the stomach of italy. Bistecca Fiorentina mmmmm

Ravi Bhati

Reaction score
Going on a honeymoon especially during the touristy season can get really annoying sometimes, especially when you have to rush around with the other tourists, and not be able to get any quiet time with your partner. So on your honeymoon, i would suggest you to take it in a slow and relaxed pace. On my honeymoon with my husband, we went to Rome and Florence. We did all the regular sight seeing but it was getting quite tiring after a while.

So on one of the days we just spend the day strolling by the parks in Rome, and had a bike tour with one of the locals in Rome. She then suggested us to try out dining with BonAppetour. They are a website where travelers can book meals with locals who invite travelers for a meal at their home. We loved it! It was fun, relaxed and a perfect end to our honeymoon. BonAppetour also has cooking classes with the locals, which I want to be trying out on our next vacation! Getting messy in the kitchen is actually very romantic!

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Are the Cinque Terre hiking trails repaired / recovered from the damage a few years ago?

They weren't last April. Most of them were not close to being open again, but I haven't checked recently. Still had a good time though for a couple of days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads