1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things to do in/around kokomo, IN =/

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by cheessus, Jan 6, 2011.

1. cheessus

cheessus Senior member

ill be there from the 7th-17th. any ideas will be appreciated. some kind of date night with my gf would be nice, especially if i dont have to go out to indy, which i guess is doable...

2. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Loks like the Harlem Globetrotters will be there on the 10th [​IMG]

3. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Kokomo is boring, man. Find a bar and hole yourself in it. Or go to Grissom Air Force Base? [​IMG]
    If you get down to Indy, you can have a great time. Lots of fun stuff to do in Indy. It's a pretty cool city for how small it is.

4. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Even getting to Lafayette gives you more options, but not really. You could always meet me. I'm just north of Lafayette for the next several days.[​IMG]

5. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

one of my closest friends is from there, says to go to the Hip Hugger strip club. nothing else to do IHO

6. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

Hip Hugger strip club.
    the only girl on their website looks 12.

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Kokomo! [​IMG] I stayed there once. I actually was suppose to be there two nights but couldn't make it past the first. I'd go to Indy if I were you.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Has anyone mentioned cow tipping yet?

9. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Has anyone mentioned cow tipping yet?

I said meeting up with me was an option. Cow Tipping used to be how I introduced college friends to my hometown.

10. cheessus

cheessus Senior member

fml. gf says no to the hip hugger. [​IMG]

well whats cool to do in indy?

btw, thanks for the offer kwilk...ill see. i dont want you stealing my gf with your stunning good looks and well-cultured tastes.

11. nakedundermyclothes

nakedundermyclothes Senior member

st elmos steakhouse in indy is good as well as the rathskeller german beer hall restaurant. indianapolis museum of art off of 38th is worth a visit.

edit - broad ripple on the northside of indy has alot of bars restaurants + some pretty interesting shops if youre into that as well

12. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

fml. gf says no to the hip hugger. [​IMG]

well whats cool to do in indy?

btw, thanks for the offer kwilk...ill see. i dont want you stealing my gf with your stunning good looks and well-cultured tastes.

Yes, I must admit, that's often an issue that people have with meeting me. I'm a heart breaker. Women love me, what can I say.

Indy has a lot of stuff. I like the zoo and the Children's Museum (no pedo). Broad Ripple is really cool. If you want to eat at a great restaurant, I'd say Recess is my favorite in the entire city. Make sure you go on a night that they're doing a good menu though, they post it up every day, as the entire menu changes daily. As mentioned above, Rathskeller is great too. And Goose the Market is a cool spot to grab a sandwich and some gelato.