1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things to buy in Italy?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by af1snaikboi, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Subtleyjewish

Subtleyjewish Member

There's a shop in West Palm

2. Subtleyjewish

Subtleyjewish Member

For example: http://www.7camicie.com/?lang=en
    I know that they are supposed to exist all over the world, but so far I have only seen their shops in Italy. I haven't been there for some years, but last time I was in Rome I saw their shops everywhere.
    I normally get my shirts bespoke because OTR shirts tend to fit me badly, but I bought two shirts in one of these shops and the fit was OK and I am still quite happy with them (although my housekeeper has made her very best to destroy one of them by applying excessive pressure on the iron, to get the collar nice and shiny), and a friend of mine has a few of them and they fit him great and look good; nice stripes and colours. This is not high-end stuff, it is quite cheap I believe to recall, and I must say that I think that it is OK value for money.

There's a store in West Palm, too.

3. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

there is only one answer to this question................

cheese........anything locally produced is fine - but don't miss smoked ricotta (should look like a mound of blackened snow) ......or if you must have two choices you can add risotto Milanese to your list.

shopping in Milan is preposterously expensive - you might try the 10 Corso Como outlet for deep discounts on super premium attire - but even this won't be cheap.

generally speaking you are better off price wise to shop for clothes in the US or go the outlying outlets as previously mentioned. The problem with the outlet shopping is that you will spend all of your time in the boring part of town shopping for clothes instead of being in the sweet center of town where the interestingnessosity is.

By the way - the hottest store amongst the locals is Ralph Lauren's flagship store - they are gaga over Ralph Lauren in Milan these days.

4. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I feel compelled to add buffalo mozzarella to this. They say it is like cheese from an angel's tit.

1 person likes this.
  5. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

One thing to possibly avoid in the food department. Seeing as how it is winter you are likely to encounter big slabs of lard as a side dish.......it's vile.....