Things that are pissing you off - Health & Body edition

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Rambo, Feb 19, 2011.

1. fuji

fuji Senior member

Shitty spotters on the bench press. I mean if I say to a dude "Imma rep out 5, don't fucking touch the bar unless it starts moving down" and the guy ends up upright rowing every rep saying the customary "it's all you, bro" every time - well, that is a shitty spotter my friends. I wish them cancer of the AIDS.

+1

had some pretty young kid spot for me and he started pulling the bar up before I even got to my chest. I asked him to stop until I got the bar onto my chest and he told me its "unsafe" to go that low. Afterwards I saw him bench pressing and going down maybe 6" before he went up again.

2. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I am really unsure of my ability to retain strength on a cut. My recent experience with attempting to eat more comfortably left me surprisingly sapped of strength. Plus, I feel I should reach my strength and weight goals first before cutting for vanity.

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

4. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I'm engaged so I'm not worried about that.

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I'm engaged so I'm not worried about that.
    You should be. You wouldn't want your fiancee to start getting a bit thick around the middle, would you?

6. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Yes yes, but I'm 5'9 145.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

8. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I know, it's ridic.

9. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

+1

had some pretty, young kid spot for me and he started pulling the bar up before I even got to my chest. I asked him to stop until I got the bar onto my chest and he told me its "unsafe" to go that low. Afterwards I saw him bench pressing and going down maybe 6" before he went up again.

ftfy. [​IMG]

10. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

Fat chicks at the gym upping the incline of the treadmill so it will show more calories burned, and then hanging onto it as they walk and defeating the purpose of the incline.

People leaving belongings in the squat rack (backpack, water bottle) and being nowhere to be found. What the fuck. Are you in between sets? Is this your 'safe place' to store your shit? Have you tried using a 'locker'?

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

People leaving belongings in the squat rack (backpack, water bottle) and being nowhere to be found. What the fuck. Are you in between sets? Is this your 'safe place' to store your shit? Have you tried using a 'locker'?
    I've done this before. It gets annoying lugging shit around everywhere. Not an excuse, mind you.

12. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

People banging the dumbbells together every fucking rep is starting to really get annoying. Seriously, what the fuck is the point? It adds nothing to the exercise, damages the weights, and annoys everyone around you.

13. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

People banging the dumbbells together every fucking rep is starting to really get annoying. Seriously, what the fuck is the point? It adds nothing to the exercise, damages the weights, and annoys everyone around you.

show's the inner tough guy, like someone who racks up all the 45s and does a squat by going down 3" and then dropping the bar and screaming [​IMG]

speaking of screaming, there was a fellow who, with every rep of every workout (bench, curl, dips, pullups, everything), let out a battle cry so loud it could be heard from outside the weights room

14. MrFarnon

MrFarnon Member

Fat people who tell other people to lose weight, I mean come on

[​IMG]

15. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Are you retarded? A spotters job is to hand-off and prevent the bar from falling on someone's neck, not lift the weight for them.

The irony being that I'd say upright rowing someones BP is much more likely to lead to an injury on the spotter than it is to prevent one on the presser.