Things that are pissing you off- Food & Drink Edition

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by kwilkinson, Apr 25, 2010.

1. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Anybody have experience with the bosch universal mixer? I've been eying it because of the space aspect. One engine to run a stand mixer, blender, and processor would fit my kitchen nicely.

They're quite popular on baking forums. The only thing rated higher are Electrolux Magic Mills, and dough is the hardest thing for a mixer to do. Cooks Illustrated review wasn't as good sa you'd think but owners seem to like them. I'd say figure out what the main tasks you'd use it for are and then focus on those aspects of the reviews.

2. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

3. SField

SField Senior member

I use a like... $11 immersion blender from Kalorik.

4. robin

robin Senior member

Thomas Keller recommends VitaMix. [​IMG]

5. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

Thermomix ftw.
    Thomas Keller recommends VitaMix. [​IMG]
    Matt does not. He lacks Keller's vast staff to stir his risotto for him, so he must use a more sophisticated machine.

6. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Matt does not. He lacks Keller's vast staff to stir his risotto for him, so he must use a more sophisticated machine.
    The Thermomix is the most multifunctional thing I've ever seen. I don't really like gadgets, but it is just awesome.

7. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

matt's got a wife and he's got his shit locked down, so what does he need staff for? [​IMG]

8. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

matt's got a wife and he's got his shit locked down, so what does he need staff for? [​IMG]
    If I read the instructions correctly, the Thermomix can replace the wife as well, with the right attachments.

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

If I read the instructions correctly, the Thermomix can replace the wife as well, with the right attachments.
    I suppose that the wife could replace Matt if this thing's got that many attachments.

10. jobro

jobro Senior member

I'm going to attempt sous-vide in my Thermomix sometime this week.

11. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

Cookbooks and websites of secret recipes by America's favourite restaurants, when you just can't live without Red LobsterÂ[​IMG] Cheddar Bay Biscuits and Chili’sÂ[​IMG] Southwestern Eggrolls.

12. bwonger06

bwonger06 Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Just saw this In'N'Out video on youtube [​IMG]

13. jobro

jobro Senior member

Anybody have experience with the bosch universal mixer? I've been eying it because of the space aspect. One engine to run a stand mixer, blender, and processor would fit my kitchen nicely.

Haven't tried to Bosch but I have a Braun K1000 which is basically the older version of the Braun Multiquick 7. It's very well built, been very reliable and the blades have kept pretty sharp. We lost the food processor blade and it was relatively easy to find a replacement online and have it shipped to us within 7 days.

14. sonick

sonick Senior member

How the fuck do I get the smell of garlic off my fingers? I tried rubbing it on a stainless steel knife and it still smells.

15. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    funny ... i did a book signing at a local culinary school and as a thank you they gave me this thing that looks like a stainless steel bar of soap. really works. i'd tried knives and stainless steel pots without much luck.