1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things that are pissing you off- Food & Drink Edition

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by kwilkinson, Apr 25, 2010.

1. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Brisket is good. Look I like "BBQ beef ribs" I just don't think they should be called "BBQ".

BBQ is pork, sometimes chicken.

[​IMG]

2. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Do you know what grinds my gears? Places that charge $4 for a can of PBR (unless 24oz) when I know I can get it for $1 at my favorite bar.

3. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

6. edinatlanta

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Just take back what you originally said. Just admit that you were being flippant about the beef not being barbecue and it will all be O.K.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Making a reservation and then when you show up on that busy night, there's a new chippy as hostess that you don't know, and you get a deer in the head light look and are told your reservation was "lost." You see an empty table or two and are told it will be a 20-40 minute wait as those are for people with reservations. [​IMG]

Thankfully you know the GM or owner and get seated.

9. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

ordering a $12 burger and getting a stale bun

10. edinatlanta

Just take back what you originally said. Just admit that you were being flippant about the beef not being barbecue and it will all be O.K.

No.

[​IMG]

11. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

http://www.charitybuzz.com/categorie...g_items/121083

[​IMG]

Gail is looking pretty good in that picture, but her best assets look like they're being smothered to within an inch of their lives!

I do have to say that Padma strikes me as a boring person/lay. Gail seems like she knows a thing or two around the bedroom. *high fives Kyle*

12. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

No.

[​IMG]

You know, I'm about the only one left to give you the benefit of the doubt. You're like Helen Keller and I'm like Annie Sullivan, and I'm trying to redeem you while everyone else think your this shit-covered, matted haired manimal. But I've given up. I now realize that, unlike Helen, you wouldn't be able to say "water" if you were being waterboarded by Dick Cheney himself.

13. edinatlanta

You know, I'm about the only one left to give you the benefit of the doubt. You're like Helen Keller and I'm like Annie Sullivan, and I'm trying to redeem you while everyone else think your this shit-covered, matted haired manimal. But I've given up. I now realize that, unlike Helen, you wouldn't be able to say "water" if you were being waterboarded by Dick Cheney himself.

"Water".

Fuck you and your BBQ beef loving bullshit ways.

Until you change your stance on that, I don't think there is anything we can agree on. I say the sky is blue you'll say "it is paisley" etc.

I hope we can go back to our [​IMG] ways but right now dude, I'm thinking everything about you can be summed up like this: [​IMG].

Thankfully there still is hope for you.

14. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

"Water".

Fuck you and your BBQ beef loving bullshit ways.

Until you change your stance on that, I don't think there is anything we can agree on. I say the sky is blue you'll say "it is paisley" etc.

I hope we can go back to our [​IMG] ways but right now dude, I'm thinking everything about you can be summed up like this: [​IMG].

Thankfully there still is hope for you.

If BBQ doesn't include grilled, smoked, etc beef, then why do all those big BBQ competitions include it? [​IMG]

15. edinatlanta

If BBQ doesn't include grilled, smoked, etc beef, then why do all those big BBQ competitions include it? [​IMG]

grilling =! BBQ.

And I guess by big BBQ competitions you mean something like this? http://www.bigpigjig.com

16. matt22616

matt22616 Senior member

grilling =! BBQ.

And I guess by big BBQ competitions you mean something like this? http://www.bigpigjig.com

I can't tell if this guy's high or retarded.

17. why

why Senior member

The latter. Stop quoting him please.

18. edinatlanta

A bit of both perhaps. That said. they aren't the same. Low indirect heat with the intent of adding a rich smoky flavor is not the same thing as high direct heat to cook the meat quickly. http://foodtourofiowa.files.wordpres...6/ribs-012.jpg Pic is huge [​IMG] Clearly not the same. And no, citing the BPJ was not a serious comparison.

19. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Senior member

20. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

In the hierarchy of all things I find troublesome on SF, it goes like this:

5. people who ask clothing-related questions
    4. virgins who see sharp knees and nothing else
    3. underage girls for avatars (party-van for you, mister)
    2. n00bs
    1. people who won't accept beef as BBQ