Things that are pissing you off- Food & Drink Edition

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by kwilkinson, Apr 25, 2010.

1. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

not that I'm an ingrate but I have an issue with a friend whenever he invites us to their place for dinner. I really like the guy like a brother, and his wife is great and we go way back. but the food they serve sucks. its not that I'm picky, but for the most part the food was either swimming in its own oil, tasted below the line of mediocrity, or came from a processing plant. last night was my friend's birthday party, and the only food I really liked was the tiramisu we brought- and I don't even like deserts!

2. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

not that I'm an ingrate but I have an issue with a friend whenever he invites us to their place for dinner. I really like the guy like a brother, and his wife is great and we go way back. but the food they serve sucks. its not that I'm picky, but for the most part the food was either swimming in its own oil, tasted below the line of mediocrity, or came from a processing plant. last night was my friend's birthday party, and the only food I really liked was the tiramisu we brought- and I don't even like deserts!

Are they asian?

3. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

[​IMG]

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

^ Oh, that's just sad.

5. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Are they asian?

yes

6. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Ok, several on today's list:

If you're going to serve bread - rolls, slices, etc. - make sure its not fucking stale. I literally banged one of the rolls on the table 10 times tonight and it didn't crack.

If you offer tofu, know how to cook it properly. Don't look at me like I'm a complainer when I have breakable sticks of a beige substance in my food and aren't happy with that.

There are not supposed to be chocolate chips in black beans. I don't give a fuck what your chef thinks is interesting or good. Fuck you and your chips too.

Sounds like you need to get laid [​IMG]

7. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Sounds like you need to get laid [​IMG]

What are you talking about? He banged one of the rolls on the table ten fucking times, he's got some stamina.

8. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

What are you talking about? He banged one of the rolls on the table ten fucking times, he's got some stamina.

now they're jelly filled dammit

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

now they're cream filled dammit
    FTFY

10. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Transcript of family dinner: Dad: How does everyone want their steak? Well done? Smothered in A1? Congregation: Here! Here! Dad: I'm sick of the Catholic Church. The diocese just spent $32 million of people's money buying a downtown office building for 40 employees. They're going to change the Mass into Latin too. I'm becoming Protestant. Nana: No. Protestants don't go to heaven. Their Eucharist isn't the real body and blood. Only Catholics receive that. Mom: Pass the ketchup for my steak. Dad: I'm running to the fridge. Anyone want a beer? Uncle: Sure. What do you have? Dad: We've Bud Light Lime and Michelob Ultra. Uncle: I'll stick with water. Mom: Oh shucks. I meant to put some bacon bits with the green beans. Stephen: You mean the microwave couldn't add the bacon bits for you? It did the rest of the work. Mom: [​IMG] Nana: So Stephen, how is New York? Stephen: It's tall and paved. Nana: Watch out for gangs. You don't carry a knife do you? Your grandpa carried a knife when we lived in Portland after the war. Stephen: No. I carry a bag filled with shame. Mom: Who wants Apple Crisp? [​IMG]

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

You know if you would have gotten a Liberal Arts degree you might have had more things to talk about.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

What's with the no hot water? You ever get this shit? You go to turn the knob towards the hot side and nothing comes out. WTF? You're a major corporation raking in millions of dollars a year. You don't think you can spring for some hot water so I can kill the germs on my hands?

13. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

What's with the no hot water? You ever get this shit? You go to turn the knob towards the hot side and nothing comes out. WTF? You're a major corporation raking in millions of dollars a year. You don't think you can spring for some hot water so I can kill the germs on my hands?

I haven't had hot water at work (in any building) since I started working.

My apartment, however, is a different story. We clocked the sink water at 210 degrees and routinely brew tea right from the faucet.

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I haven't had hot water at work (in any building) since I started working. My apartment, however, is a different story. We clocked the sink water at 210 degrees and routinely brew tea right from the faucet.
    These are both very weird to me in very different ways.

15. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

Friends have ruined beer for me by making me drink miller high life which I can safely say is not the champagne of beer. Know the only alcohol I enjoy is vodka.