• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that are pissing you off- Food & Drink Edition

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wallcloud
Went to a friends house to watch some football. Nothing but light beer as far as the eye could see.
frown.gif

Bring your own beer next time you ungrateful douche. Football generally means Bud, Coors, or Miller light beers and unhealthy tailgating foods. You should know this.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=201465

Hayato

Reaction score
Ha, excuse the brevity, but not having food OR drink in my house is currently pissing me off.

Time to go to the grocery store
confused.gif

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
Wraps are the most uninspired objects man ever created.
Wraps are just a health foodized version of laffa, gyro bread or nann. Those are amazing when done well.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, they're just the less authentic versions of some staples of great "peasant" cuisine, as the previous poster alluded to.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
No, they're just the less authentic versions of some staples of great "peasant" cuisine, as the previous poster alluded to.
I was going to reiterate how boring and uninspired wraps are, but I kept falling asleep mid sentence just thinking about them. So keep an eye on this thread just in case.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I love a chicken ceasar salad wrap
blush.gif

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
packing a mandarin orange as part of lunch, then peeling it and realizing that it's no bigger than an over achieving gum ball
frown.gif

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
packing a mandarin orange as part of lunch, then peeling it and realizing that it's no bigger than an over achieving gum ball
frown.gif

always pack two of them *****. Always. Or find Gaypak mandies.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
frown.gif

oh dear. first of all, it's not a mandarin orange (and it's not a tangerine, either). it's a mandarin. it's its own family. respect it. most of them will be smaller than an orange ... roughly cueball sized would be the norm. there are some really small varieties, and often these are the sweetest. we're just starting the season for clementines, which are usually the first to arrive. and if you're not nice, i'll start listing acreage statistics for how the market for them is growing.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
oh dear. first of all, it's not a mandarin orange (and it's not a tangerine, either). it's a mandarin. it's its own family. respect it. most of them will be smaller than an orange ... roughly cueball sized would be the norm. there are some really small varieties, and often these are the sweetest. we're just starting the season for clementines, which are usually the first to arrive. and if you're not nice, i'll start listing acreage statistics for how the market for them is growing.

Can you offer any insight as to whether this year's crop will be good? I love these.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
Can you offer any insight as to whether this year's crop will be good? I love these.
in california, many are still ripening (the season really runs from December through March). But so far, so good. we had a very cool summer, but that doesn't bother them so much. Lately, temps have been up, but not scorching. that should mean warm days/cool nights in most growing areas, which leads to good sugar and good acidity.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in california, many are still ripening (the season really runs from December through March). But so far, so good. we had a very cool summer, but that doesn't bother them so much. Lately, temps have been up, but not scorching. that should mean warm days/cool nights in most growing areas, which leads to good sugar and good acidity.

Awesome, thanks for the update. Can't wait for the CA ones. The Chilean and Mediterranean ones are never as good.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
oh dear. first of all, it's not a mandarin orange (and it's not a tangerine, either). it's a mandarin. it's its own family. respect it.

I'm still bummed about my small MANDARIN, you don't gotta front.

most of them will be smaller than an orange ... roughly cueball sized would be the norm. there are some really small varieties, and often these are the sweetest.

golf ball in this case, not cue ball. But it was very sweet and delicious.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ok, several on today's list:

If you're going to serve bread - rolls, slices, etc. - make sure its not ******* stale. I literally banged one of the rolls on the table 10 times tonight and it didn't crack.

If you offer tofu, know how to cook it properly. Don't look at me like I'm a complainer when I have breakable sticks of a beige substance in my food and aren't happy with that.

There are not supposed to be chocolate chips in black beans. I don't give a **** what your chef thinks is interesting or good. **** you and your chips too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads