Things that are pissing you off- Food & Drink Edition

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by kwilkinson, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

A line I'm never sure what to do with:

Are you still enjoying your entree?

Umm, well, there's just bones left, so unless you think I'm a mastiff, chances are good that yeah, I've sucked all the "enjoyment" out of that plate.

2. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

^Eh, I prefer that to the presumptuous types that reach for a plate I'm still working on. Of course, I eat at shitty chain restaurants.

So, I made a chocolate bourbon pecan pie. Sounds good right? The chocolate nearly ruined it, overpowered the other flavors. The best bites were the ones with no chocolate, where you could really taste the bourbon and the vanilla with the crunchiness of the pecans. Wasted a whole pie. Now I know. Desserts with more than two adjectives are usually trouble.

3. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Last night, when the cat woke me up to alert me to the fact that a bat was flying circuits around our bedroom (good, good cat), and we ultimately secured the room and opened some windows so the bat could fly out, not only did the bat NOT fly out, but another damn bat flew in the now-open and screenless windows.

Incidentally, whoever named the common species of bat up here 'the Little Brown Bat' has never had two of them flying a foot from their face while they lay on the floor trying to stay the hell out of the way while watching to learn just when the bat flies out - because they don't seem so damn little at the time. I'd swear the larger of the two had an 8" wingspan.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  4. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Say... what kind of "Huntsman" exactly are ya?

5. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

It is so hard to find a chicken under 3 lbs here. Almost all of the stores only have 5.5 lbs+. Trying to make Thomas Keller's fried chicken and he really recommends a smaller bird for better skin-to-meat ratio.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  6. MacJack

MacJack Active Member

i don't like fish smells

7. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I don't have salt or hot sauce in my office :(