things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Some people are worth battling with...some are not. Guess which category you fit into.

2. Kai

Kai Senior member

Nice.

3. gort

gort Senior member

Didn't you just post how you hate the bahamas? Now I'm guessing you're at Atlantis (swam with the Dolphins) so things are looking a little better. :)

NVM I didn't see the Curacao part. Ignore me I fail. :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012

4. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

Just did some exercises that helped a nagging adductor strain feel much better. Now that I know they help I will do them daily to try and help eliminate this pain that I have had for what seems like forever.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

got invited to two conferences. probably will only go to one tho - school will only pay like $50 each :(

6. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

yeah, I had to stop for meetings in Porto Rico and Nassua on the way here, but I really didn't like Nassua. I'd come to Curacua on my dime if I had to.

7. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Sweet, GT. You certainly deserve it.

9. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

NOICE.

Making me happy: had a strong track workout this morning, running 3 x 300's at 5:52 pace, which is quick for me. Never mind that I can't hold that pace through a mile, and I strung out the recovery times a bit, still, it felt great to make those times across three sets of three, into a headwind on the back stretch.

10. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Electrician is finally back at my house, and glass surround for master shower is also to go in today. A big day of work that should make the place feel a lot more finished. And I've been making good progress on some decorating and networking and home theater stuff, so the creature comforts are also coming along. And we moved the kid to her "real" room last night for the first time. It's really starting to feel like home. By the end of the weekend we should really be getting pretty settled.

11. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

What are you putting in for your HT?

12. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

forever??????

13. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

nothing that anyone here would approve of or get very excited about, so if you're going to make some great recommendation about what i'm missing or what i should buy instead, be prepared for an apathetic shrug in response.

i have a nice 2-channel setup that i am putting in a different room. for HT I just needed something better and more flexible than the built-in TV speakers, something that at least would play a little bit of music, and might pass slightly for the occasional movie. i am a fading entry-level audiophile but not really a HT enthusiast (we don't watch many movies at all) and I have plenty of other pursuits to take my money. I also had some aesthetic challenges and wanted a simple, passable, invisible setup and I had to do it on a shoestring.

i bought a 51-inch Samsung plasma, will be wall-hung above a fireplace in the family room. bought a Sony soundbar (CT150) that has the added advantage of doing the HDMI switching and so acts sort of as a receiver. Satellite box, entry-level blu-ray, and xbox will be hidden in a built-in cabinet next to the fireplace. Sound bar will sit on the mantel, sub will be in a corner of the room, all wiring will be invisible save for the HDMI cables and speaker wire and power in and out of the sub, all of which though will run directly into a hole in the floor. Sub (and of course TV) and sound bar will be the only visible components. All tied in thru a Logitech Harmony 900.

Not impressive for a HT enthusiast, like I told you :)

But relatively cheap, passable, and aesthetically acceptable.

14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I run my TV through my Peachtree Audio Nova. It is great. I went to that from a multichannel thing. I find all of that kind of a novelty and annoying after a while.

15. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Found the flash drive with my resume on it. :slayer:

Guess who can now make it current.