things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

I am happy that 2011 was filled with many good things. We lost our two beloved cats in the first seven weeks of the year but this was really only down point of the year. We have also become housemates with three new cats and each of them is very endearing in their own way. I kicked ass at work, had a great time outside of work, and generally hope 2012 is anywhere near as good as 2011 has been.

I'm also happy that many here had a good year and hope that everyone progresses in whatever their desires are in 2012. :cheers:

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

:slayer: Happy Near Year!

3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I'm happy I went out to dinner and drinks last night with an close friends (mutual friends married only a week). My wife and I were tired and actually busy packing for a flight today but we decided to just go out and catch up - screw packing early and sleeping.

I was a bit of an asshole too because I suggested that my friend come to my hotel and have dinner out of pure laziness(so the wife and I didn't have to take a cab out from the airport hotel).

When we got to the restaurant it was a huge dinner with both families from the newly married couple. I felt totally embarrassed (because we were the only non-family there) and I had to audacity to actually almost change the dinner venue (I assumed it was just going to be my friend and his wife).

It felt really good to totally catch up with a close friend that you haven't really seen in 4 years - and also realize that you're still close friends too.

4. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

IS:

:slayer: awesome memory! I can insta recognize as well.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  5. otc

otc Senior member

My mom just called and said she got a letter from my alma mater that said I have two outstanding paychecks that were never deposited (probably never picked up) from my part time job in the dorms.

I have to fill out an affidavit for each one stating that it was lost or never received and get them notarized...but then I get $270!

6. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Pretty sweet, OTC! I'm sure the checks will be accompanied by a letter from the "development office" informing you of the many ways your generous gift could contribute to your alma mater.

7. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

Ran 27 km this week and I am feeling good that 2012 is going to be an interesting year in a really good way.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Just chilling for another 20 minutes before I get ready to go check in to where the party is tonight. Stay safe everyone and hope ya'll have a great NYE.

:cheers:

9. gort

gort Senior member

I was getting ready to donate a bunch of shirts I got from LEC that I barely wore until i saw someone mention they had a very lenient return policy in the LEC thread. I went and netted over $100 back on shirts I was getting ready to just drop off at good will. :bigstar:

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

wow. nyc is amazing for shopping for clothes without breaking the bank.

<3 uniqlo. :slayer:

also, everyone here at least pays attention to how they dress. boston is a shitshow when it comes to being stylish.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  11. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

+1 i hope 2012 is a great one for all my fellow SF bros

sweet. whatcha gonna buy :)

:slayer:

12. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

I just had an unexpected New Year's Eve dinner with a family friend who trained as a chef. Beef wellington, sea bass, scallops, mussels and a bunch of other things that I couldn't recount. Two or three bottles of wine and some armagnac from 1976. Divine. Can't imagine a better way to cap off this bloody year.

13. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Couldn't agree more. Sounds like a delicious feast. What is armagnac?

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

the year ended with some fucking heartbreak for me:

xmas eve - dad sufferes a mild stroke
    jan 29th - i was going to visit a college professor I always keep in touch with - decide to push it back a day. professor dies in his sleep that night..

but my dads stroke was very mild and he is near walking by himself and still has his mental facilities 100% intact. and my professor was in bad health and did die peacefully with all his family around him with the holidays.

and I got into NYC from a 14hr flight from HKG and made it to last night's Central Park midnight run. It was a great way to beat the jetlag and clear my mind to focus on this new year.

15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Nyc never ceases to amaze me. Started out at a club filled with pretentious fucks and ridiculous cover with a hs friend and her bitch of a roommate. Finished the night at a super hipster party in brooklyn with a different friend from HS who's really hipster now too. They were all super friendly and we smoked on top of the roof of the building. Finally ended my night at 6 am and woke up early and now ill get awesome food for cheap.

Love you NYC :slayer: