things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Lulz. Kids. Here's a little something for you I jamming to yesterday. Enjoy.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

2. otc

otc Senior member

lol...the ad I was forced to watch upon clicking on this video was an anti-meth ad

3. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Getting my bonus check today. It's going to be a bigger one than usual. :)

4. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Sick, today was my last paycheck before my promotion pay kicks in.

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

I got a World's Most Interesting Man. "If the entire conversation is not in Spanish, don't start it with, 'Hola.'" :laugh:

:slayer:

6. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I disagree with this. I rather enjoy people greeting me in other tongues. I wouldn't use "hola", but I have often used the German, Swedish, or Russian equivalents when I know some would be familiar with those terms. In fact, there's a local magistrate who is quite fluent in German and I will greet him that way and we often have a short conversation in that language before getting down to business. It rather freaked out an opposing attorney one time who must have thought we were speaking in some kind of secret Nazi code.

7. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i hear that, but considering the range of his posts and his gaming addiction, i assume he is pretty well rounded. i wasnt surprised.

noice. pay it forward son.

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. IIRC, it was played on MTV every hour for a while there.

LAWL.

Hello, Piob and I have discussed the relative merits of Alice in Chains, and he's conversant with Tool's repertoire. I would think the Mahler conversation would be with Manton, who understands Mahler better than I ever will.

:slayer:

So this was kind of funny. I called up an old friend from b-school, we hadn't talked in years - partly through some recent travails of his - and he more or less knew what was up in my world. How did he know? Well, he's not on FB but a mutual friend is on FB and even through he seldom posts anything at all EVER...he seems to read a lot of my posts. So I'm not just getting creeperd on but also talked about. Like Oscar Wilde said, "the only thing worse than being talked about is NOT being talked about". Further adding to the mild strangeness of all this is the fact that we three live within a few miles of each other - off the same freeway, on successive exits. Like, I could run to either of their houses, easy-peasy, and hardly sweat the return trip.

So friend C (for (FB) Creeper, actually IRL he's a great, stand-up guy) is hosting a NYE party, and Friend B (whom I called) is invited, but I am not. This does not surprise me, nor does it upset me, but it did bring to mind that we have NO plans for NYE at all. So last evening, we went to a fireworks stand that is run by the local HS band, and the Mrs. knew half the people there, and somewhere along we way we got invited to a party a few blocks from our hours. Big Kabuki fireworks, booze, neighbors, everything. And in Walking Distance. HOLY CRAP. We're SO there.

9. in stitches

^^ sweet! im going to a fellow SF'ers for NYE most likely. ^^
    -----

so, 2 secret service officers, yes thats right, the SECRET FUCKING SERVICE, just left my store. the very same kind of dudes that guard the president (i asked them about that). they came regarding check fraud by one of our customers 11 months ago.

first they complemented me on my awesome ferarri baseball hat. score 1 for stitch.

then they showed me a copy of an invoice and asked if i remembered it. i did. score 2 for stitch.

then they showed me a piece of paper with face pics of 6 dudes. just like in tv and movies (INORITE!!!), and asked if i saw the dude. instantly i recognized him, top right, and correctly identified him. score 3 for stitch.

i feel so baller right now its insane.

10. patrickBOOTH

Did you get any money out of them?

11. in stitches

lol, the secret service guys? no i did not.

12. patrickBOOTH

13. in stitches

they were dudes, both decent looking. clearly in good shape, and very waspy blue blood looking. like their dads are senators or something.

i promise you i thought i was in an episode of law and order.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I'm going to request your handle be changed to [COLOR=336699]In Snitches[/COLOR]. Nothing personal.

15. in stitches

lol. he stole money from us. DONT STEAL FROM ME. I WILL TURN YOU IN!