1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Our foster son is being placed in our home later today. We register him for school next week.

Freakin' awesome. Congrats! And good luck.

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Freakin' awesome. Congrats! And good luck.

Thank you. There's a lot of background stuff going on, but he'll be with us for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and by then we'll know more about the timing of the adoption - when we can petition and eventually finalize and change his name.

3. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

^ Congratulations, I've been following you adoption situation with bated breath! (No stalker)

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^ Congratulations, I've been following you adoption situation with bated breath! (No stalker)

Stalker. [​IMG]

There's a long road ahead of us - but I think we're up for it.

BTW - Mrs. T has been keeping a log somewhere on-line with the stories. All of her friends are addicted to her narrative and we're getting a LOT of offers of help and support. This sort of reaction does a lot to overcome my (self-)doubts and makes me believe that things are going to be all right no matter what happens.

5. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

Thomas, I am happy for you, Mrs. T, and of course the young'un...

But I selfishly worry for the rest of us. Will this new member to your family mean that you have better things to do than hang out with us? (Like be a good parent or some other trite thing?)

K

6. West24

West24 Senior member

Thank you. There's a lot of background stuff going on, but he'll be with us for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and by then we'll know more about the timing of the adoption - when we can petition and eventually finalize and change his name.

youre going to change his name at such an old age? i think you said he was 11 or so? im guessing the last?

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Thomas, I am happy for you, Mrs. T, and of course the young'un...

But I selfishly worry for the rest of us. Will this new member to your family mean that you have better things to do than hang out with us? (Like be a good parent or some other trite thing?)

K

I do a lot of my posting at work so that won't change for the time being. Home access has always been spotty, but I envision posting while he plays with the PS2.

youre going to change his name at such an old age? i think you said he was 11 or so? im guessing the last?

The last name we are all on board with changing - he will take our name. re: the first name - he brought it up last weekend with no prompting from us, and we're leaving it as his call. If he wants a new first name, we're on board - within limits, of course. If he wants to be called Sue - well, that's out of the question. Now, if he wants to be called West24, then I'm all for it. With your permission, of course. (oh, he's 9 btw)

8. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Being home with the Connefamily but, more importantly, the Connedog! Mother is taking me to Brooks tomorrow or Thurs. for a shopping spree. [​IMG]

9. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

Mother is taking me to Brooks tomorrow or Thurs. for a shopping spree. [​IMG]

Oh god here we go.

10. West24

West24 Senior member

The last name we are all on board with changing - he will take our name. re: the first name - he brought it up last weekend with no prompting from us, and we're leaving it as his call. If he wants a new first name, we're on board - within limits, of course. If he wants to be called Sue - well, that's out of the question. Now, if he wants to be called West24, then I'm all for it. With your permission, of course. (oh, he's 9 btw)

ahh very cool! and yes ofcourse i give you permission. as long as i get weekend visitations.

11. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Our foster son is being placed in our home later today. We register him for school next week.

hey congratulations to you and mrs. t! how old is he?

12. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

very cool. you are really good people.

13. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

When is he getting a styleforum account?

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

ahh very cool! and yes ofcourse i give you permission. as long as i get weekend visitations.

Agreed!

hey congratulations to you and mrs. t! how old is he?

He is nine years old but going on thirty. When we were doing phone contact only - when it was time to wrap up our call, he would ask - are you going to call me tomorrow? Out of the blue. He's demonstrating initiative and savvy that I certainly didn't at his age.

very cool. you are really good people.

Thanks!

When is he getting a styleforum account?

I say when he's thirteen. Mrs. Thomas says never. I may have to sneak him on, but rest assured - I will take a strict hand in his guidance in all matters sartorial, olfactory, and dumb.

15. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

Came into work and after awhile noticed the boss hadn't shown up. So I asked a co-worker where he is and got the reply, "Oh you don't know, he took off on vacation a day early so he won't be in today". Music to my ears.