things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Nice work, Piob. Congrats.

As for me, happy to have had a great night out with friends last night. Two very old, very dear friends from HS who dated briefly way back then - more than 15 years ago now - and with whom I have continued to have great friendships, independent of each other, appear to be re-kindling their old flame. I have stayed soooo far away from this, not wanting to add any additional weight to whatever happens (and I really don't know if they're right for each other or not, I actually halfway fear this because they're both slightly crazy when it comes to relationships), but at least, in the short term, it is going to make for some really great times. Along with my wife, we all have a fun, punchy, verbal jousting kind of vibe between us and it was a great time.

And now it's a "short" day, although I do have some big stuff to get done today, and then Thanksgiving and the Harbaugh Bowl tomorrow night, and then this weekend we're settling on paint colors for the house. Bathroom counters are going in today. We should be moved in mid-Dec.

Lots of positive things right now.

2. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Pio, hope the bonus situation works out the way you are hoping.

As for me, I'm taking the day off and by 9 a.m. I already had three dishes knocked out for tomorrow's dinner. Two more to go before nightfall and I will be in good shape.

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

As for me: Thanksgiving dinner is largely squared away and ready for cooking. Got a head start on Christmas shopping (a few gifts from last year that arrived late, but who cares?), had a solid run this morning. Got the first batch of outdoor Christmas lights strung up with my son last night (walkway and bridge). And I have one of two Willie Nelson Christmas discs en route to the office today.

Given the way Christmas flew by last year, I am determined to slow it down this year.

4. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

5. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I asked my boss, i.e. me, for the rest of the week off. He thought a minute and said "yeah fine, but your ass better be here early on Monday." Guy is kind of a dick but whatever. Little does he know that I have a half ounce of primo weed here and today is going to be one of those days.

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Great stuff all. Hope your TGs are good ones.

We are not doing anything for TG this year. Last week was murder (think I did 55 hours Mon-Wed alone), and we're traveling over Xmas, so we decided to just put our feet up this TG weekend. A nice cozy fire, going to roast a turkey breast for ourselves, some good wine...ahhhh. Sometimes you need to do absoutely nothing with other people and just hibernate.

7. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

lol nice, then i bet you might be interested in my midnight snack from last night that i came here to post

[​IMG]

8. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Sounds great. It's going to be me and the little lady + a couple of friends. I intend to hold up my family's hallowed tradition of stuffing my face with food and beer and fighting sleep through the Cowboys game.

There was a time when Thanksgiving led to a night out for me but I'm starting to think those days are gone. I'm getting old before my time but it actually doesn't bother me that much.

9. Harold falcon

I'll be drinking. So I have much to be thankful for.

10. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Had a performance plan meeting wiht my boss today. While I soaked in his office (it's hot, i'm wearing a sweater and jeans, and i was drinking hot tea) he informed me I was on track for a promotion in the not too distant future (6-12 months). I thought It;d be 2-3 years before I could even consider it.

11. Harold falcon

Didn't this exact same set of circumstances piss you off in that other thread?

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Amen, brother.

Joff, congrats.

13. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Well scratch this, I forgot I agreed to a meeting today with the Lexis-Nexis sales guy. I got him to agree to meet at Starbucks, though, so at least I don't have to go into the office.

14. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

[​IMG]