things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

had a great weekend - hung out with the family, went to a great meal saturday night will my boss and the other people of my rank at my company (really great meal, with a lot of nice wine and then a town car to take me home so I wouldn't drive, all on the expense of my company) then sunday birthday party for my twins and a suzanne vega concert before heading out to the airport. great weekend.

2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

So I spent $100+ on plants this weekend because there was a sale at the nursery and everything looks good, except for the bulbs which...you know are in the ground, and a few other things I haven't planted but they will look good.

What should go in the pissing me off thread: I spent $100 on plants this weekend.

3. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

Thanks guys. The video's a little short. I thought a friend and I had agreed he'd tape it after I gave him a signal. I failed to realize he was blackout drunk at the time. So when I gave him the camera and a nod, he was like "huh? and didn't pick up on it until his wife ran over.

Well, the part that got cut off was me calling everyone in, thanking them for coming, I was so nervous I literally couldn't eat the entire day, which is why I sounded so flustered. I was. I had told her and her friends it was my birthday party, told everyone else it was a proposal party. So, she's saying "I thought you were just thanking everyone for coming...." because she thought it was just a birthday, as you can see by her face when I say "there's just one thing I want"

4. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

FYI I'd watch the video but last time I did I cried and it is very unbecoming to cry on a Monday in the office.

5. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

that was the best part.

----

absolutely gorgeous day here.

6. otc

otc Senior member

7. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

That was awesome and touching. So happy for you.

8. sonick

sonick Senior member

Burned my hand grabbing a hot handle of a pan that had been baking in the oven yesterday. Luckily did not leave blisters or a burn today, verrry lucky I won't be sidelined from the gym or hockey because of it. Also have a work event to attend today, which will involve a lot of hand-shaking.

9. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

It's my birthday. Got home from a 6 hour amtrak ride from Chapel Hill and was smart enough to take today off work. Ain't got shit to do except a few errand :)

10. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Happy birthday, enjoy.

11. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOFFREY!!!! :slayer:

12. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

A friend asked me to be in his wedding party.

He's a guy that theoretically I've known forever, in that his Dad and my Dad were friends back in high school, but we've really never known each other until more recently when we both discovered we were in town and had some things in common. He and his fiancee have become pretty close friends but only over the past year or so.

Anyways, he's a great guy and it was very unexpected and I was touched by the invitation.

13. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I got notified that I landed an in-person interview with the same company mentioned earlier here :slayer:

They've been really slow about the whole process (four weeks so far), but I must have done something right on the second phone interview. They said they'd call me by Friday of this week to let me know about the next round, and they called me today at 10am. I was pretty sure after the phone interview that they were impressed, and this seems to be confirmation.

I have to give a presentation and a bunch of other stuff for the in-person interview, but I'm looking forward to it. Beats these damn phone interviews.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  14. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

i could never understand why people get excited over interviews or giving presentations et cetera

15. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for

Time to revive the Dbag poll?