Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

My girlfriend asked me a while back if I would join a pool with her. I told her as long as I could sit poolside while drinking coffee and smoking a cigar. She rolled her eyes. She's so damn cute.

2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I like the taboids, mainly the NY ones. Also those are now all tabloids, technically.

3. patrickBOOTH

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

If I lost 100 lbs, I'd be 5'8, 30lbs. nice.

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

This works, up to a point. But if you're trying to change your body composition, you need weights. Specifically, you need to hit your caloric macros, do Starting Strength, read everything on Iron Addicts, hire a strength and/or Olympic lifting coach, and eat some more.

At least, that's what I learned in Health & Body.

6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

no shit, i had you pegged as a slender by nature dude. what did you drop from? i need to lose 30 pounds ideally, even 20 would be great. if i would hop on the treadmill and stop eating like a pig there is no reason why that cant happen.

that is the right answer. any pool without a diving board and ashtrays is not worth going to.

7. patrickBOOTH

That is just stuff meatheads feed themselves to rationalize wasting so much time. One thing I never wanted to be is muscular.

I wouldn't call myself slender. I am more of "average" in the American sense. I still have teh lovehandles. Drives my tailor nuts.

At my heaviest I was probably around 280, I am probably around 180-190 now. I am 6' 2"-ish fwiw.

See my shoe, pants combo today? See the two apples? That's what I eat until dinner sadly. Everybody is my family is big so it is in my genes, bro. I hate it.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011

8. in stitches

well done sir, yeah i saw the pic :fonz:

i used to be able to eat like that. or just salad till dinner. not anymore :(

9. patrickBOOTH

Weekends forget it. I am a monster.

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Congrats at the weight loss, I'd never thought you were that large previously. Good luck with keeping it off.

11. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

I loathe my hometown paper with a passion. Their editorial page and their columnists are myopic, parochial, misguided, just plain dumb. Even their local reporting is thin - they report the basics but rarely scratch much deeper than the very surface. I cannot help but see them as anything but a negative force upholding the failing status quo in a continually eroding city.

That said, I still read their sports page and often, when bored, I'll peruse their home page for local articles of interest.

However, they've recently decided to go the way of the NY Times and demand paid subscriptions. This irks me greatly, as there's no way I'm going to send a dime their way. I don't mind them profiting off my eyeballs for ad revenue from time to time, but mail them a check? No freaking way.

So what about this is making me happy?

Obviously, the NY Times' paywall is a joke, but the Baltimore Sun's is even worse. You can click into any article, and then for about 3 seconds after the article pops up, the page loads whatever applet it is that blanks out the page and gives you a notice about buying a subscription. The little loading status bar in the bottom corner of the browser window shows like 99% complete, but it's still loading that last little bit. Well, if you just click "Stop" to stop loading the page (and the paywall app), you get to go on reading for free with no problem. This paper is so incompetent they've even f***ed up the paywall.

Though I virtually never steal digital media and this makes me feel a little bit dirty, since the paper is constantly opining on their pages to screw a little more out of my paycheck, I see it as a little bit of retribution. Incompetent a**holes.

12. patrickBOOTH

The only thing useful about my hometown (where I grew-up) paper is the police blotter. I love seeing who got arrested that I know.

13. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Small towns are so charming...

14. patrickBOOTH

I make the craziest, weirdest noises in the world throughout the day at my desk to entertain myself. So silly, yet so satisfying.

15. in stitches

:slayer: #bruthafromanuthamutha.

i do that all the time, its so much fucking fun. i feel like a lunatic but i just cant help myself.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011